Options

Dear Ten Club:

ProteusProteus Posts: 166
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I cannot tell you how gratifying it is to pay twenty dollars for the privilege to view a "Page Cannot Be Displayed Screen." I simply love it. I didn't know that the illiterate excrement known as "DEEP"(whoooo, deep, we're soooooo deep!) was actually a consolation prize. That and the handsome vinyl I used to scoop dogshit off the sidewalk.

Love,
Fuck this Bullshit give me my fucking 20 dollars back.
FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
--P. Farrell
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RobbieC2008RobbieC2008 Posts: 432
    Proteus wrote:
    I cannot tell you how gratifying it is to pay twenty dollars for the privilege to view a "Page Cannot Be Displayed Screen." I simply love it. I didn't know that the illiterate excrement known as "DEEP"(whoooo, deep, we're soooooo deep!) was actually a consolation prize. That and the handsome vinyl I used to scoop dogshit off the sidewalk.

Love,

I got the same thing, EXCEPT...I had my tickets selected and hit buy and than that page came up..so I had 2 tickets and because of the fucking Page Cannot Be Displayed Screen I lost them...I really expected more from what seemed like a fan club that was on the ball
  • Options
    Ok.......Everyone who tried and failed to get tickets today should just have their memberships revoked....Just to stop the bitching...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    I got the same thing, EXCEPT...I had my tickets selected and hit buy and than that page came up..so I had 2 tickets and because of the fucking Page Cannot Be Displayed Screen I lost them...I really expected more from what seemed like a fan club that was on the ball
    That's the same thing that happened to me but instead of trying again I checked my cart and they were there so I was able to complete the transaction. To be honest, I think the Ten Club sucks, but I haven't been shut out yet - just lucky I suppose.
  • Options
    Ok.......Everyone who tried and failed to get tickets today should just have their memberships revoked....Just to stop the bitching...

Oh wait a minute now. That's not very Jam Jam Jamily like at all to try to squelch our first amendment rights. I don't think Ed and Da Boys would appreciate this sentiment one bit. It is my right as an American to voice the deep sorrow, the bitter angst, and the lyric frustration that I, and so many others like me feel. Please be more jamily-rific and at least don't try to bar us from our unalienable rights. This is all George Bush's fault anyway.
    FUEL AND RELEASE!!! happiness is good FOR AN hour... FUEL AND RE-LEASE!!! happines is good FOR an HOU-ER.
    --P. Farrell
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I think IE crashed. Firefox was going fine - I checked http://www.pearljam.com on IE and it totally crashed, whereas Firefox was chugging away.

Also, there was no "buy" button for me, it didn't load. I had to guess where the buy button was by clicking random places on the screen till it worked!

Anywho - I got my tickets :)
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    So, the $20 aside, when you can't get anything with Ticketmaster, do you email and bitch to them that they suck when their thousands of tickets are sold out in 2 seconds??
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    man you guys are selfish
    move on
    I got tix, and for the first time ever prob wont in an hour, you have 3 more chances

later today
    and than with tm twice one for each show.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    So, the $20 aside, when you can't get anything with Ticketmaster, do you email and bitch to them that they suck when their thousands of tickets are sold out in 2 seconds??

hey you Ive been trying to catch ya on here, what shows are you going too.

no more shows
  • Options

I love the dueche bags who got tickets and say we are bitching...try having tickets and than losing them because of a website glitch..Im sure you would be thrilled
  • Options
    I love the dueche bags who got tickets and say we are bitching...try having tickets and than losing them because of a website glitch..Im sure you would be thrilled

Are you serious, why would you choose that word, there are women on here, get some class. My membership was all screwed up yesterday and lost tix, I know ill get them eventually.
    Its a concert, dont act crazy like you lost something you allready had.

no more shows
  • Options

I understand getting shut out..but when I have 2 tickets and than I hit buy and than a page cannot be displyed screen comes up and I lose my tix AFTER I hit buy, and than the CSR from the 10C tells me he's sorry it was a little glitch the system was having, thats pretty weak I think, and I would bitch to TM about that...I would have rather just got "out of stock" because I wouldnt have known I had them..get it?
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,314
    Dear Proteus,

The simple reality is that demand exceeded supply. No matter how 10-C distributed the tickets, that's the reality.

I know it's frustrating to see the site crap out, but ironically, that actually gives die-hard, dilligent fans -- the types of fans who will click on the "Temporarily Out of Stock" sign for an hour -- an extra chance. If the server were perfect, tickets would have been gone in under a minute.

Sincerely,

Common Sense
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    leedog0leedog0 Posts: 152
    Take your fucking $20.00 back and have the "privilege" of filling your SUV 1/2 full of gas.

ASS!
    8/26/98 - 9/2/00 - 4/28/03 - 7/5/03 - 7/6/03 - 10/3/05 - 5/22/06 - 5/27/06 - 5/28/06 - 6/1/06 - 6/3/06 - 6/24/06 - 7/7/06 - 7/9/06 - 7/10/06 - 8/5/07 - 6/19/08 - 6/20/08 - 6/22/08 - 6/24/08 - 6/25/08 - 8/21/09 - 8/23/09 - 8/24/09 - 10/27/09 - 10/28/09 - 10/30/09 - 10/31/09 - 5/6/10 - 5/7/10 - 5/9/10 - 5/20/10 - 5/21/10 - 9/3/11 - 9/4/11 - 9/2/12 - 7/19/13 - 10/11/13 - 10/18/13 - 10/19/13 - 10/21/13 - 10/22/13 - 4/28/16 - 4/29/16 - 8/20/18 - 4/7/18
    Ed Ved Solo:
    4-10-08 / 4-12-08 / 4-13-08 / 8-16-08 / 6-11-09 / 6-12-09 / 6-14-09 / 6-25-11
    It Makes Much More Sense.........To Live in the Present Tense.
  • Options
    hey you Ive been trying to catch ya on here, what shows are you going too.

hey!! I'm going to Tampa, Camden, MSG I so far...you??

• Options
    lol, i got mine, but i feel for all of you that didnt, good luck for night two!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    HotterHotter Posts: 51
    Are you for real....I think that's the dumbest comment I've ever read on this board :rolleyes:
    PJ....'nuff said
    ============
    Katowice '07
    Wembley '07
    Copenhagen '07
    MSG I '08
    MSG II '08
    Berlin ´09
  • Options
    Are you serious, why would you choose that word, there are women on here, get some class. My membership was all screwed up yesterday and lost tix, I know ill get them eventually.
    Its a concert, dont act crazy like you lost something you allready had.

Than maybe you should not read any posts cupcake...there is far worse being said...
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    Proteus wrote:

Love,

Calm down! You have been around long enough to know how this plays out. You weren't lucky this time. Try again for MSG2.

Servers crash, shit happens. Breathe and put everything into perspective.

When all else fails, just deal with ticketbastard.

At least you can dream of going, I can't even dream.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I understand getting shut out..but when I have 2 tickets and than I hit buy and than a page cannot be displyed screen comes up and I lose my tix AFTER I hit buy, and than the CSR from the 10C tells me he's sorry it was a little glitch the system was having, thats pretty weak I think, and I would bitch to TM about that...I would have rather just got "out of stock" because I wouldnt have known I had them..get it?

I understand...it's happened to me before, and on much larger websites. Yes, it's weak to say "oops, sorry" but what can ya do? I think it's better than it was (the staggering sales, so there's not 10 shows on sale at once)...hopefully it will keep getting better. If I can find an extra for you, I will :-)

• Options

No. The frustration is borne of being falsely lulled into a pretext of having some kind of access, some kind of privilege that others do not. But, it really doesn't matter because it's still a Grunion Run style scramble, just a smaller one.

Is venting our frustration really hurting anyone? No.

Please, if you are furious, post here and post proudly.
    --P. Farrell
  • Options
    rhinosaurrhinosaur Posts: 51

That happened to me also. I understand not getting tickets due to high demand. My problem is not getting them because of miserable servers which crash at the first opportunity...

Why didn't they do as last year in Wembley Arena, London, UK? I mean, they reserved the whole floor for 10Clubbers and released the unsold tickets for general sale a month or so after the pre-sale... I thought 10C was on the right track with that strategy.

I wonder how many tickets they had reserved for 10C in MSG and I also wonder where that "tweet bird" is right now...
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    Dear Proteus,

The simple reality is that demand exceeded supply. No matter how 10-C distributed the tickets, that's the reality.

I know it's frustrating to see the site crap out, but ironically, that actually gives die-hard, dilligent fans -- the types of fans who will click on the "Temporarily Out of Stock" sign for an hour -- an extra chance. If the server were perfect, tickets would have been gone in under a minute.

Sincerely,

Common Sense

Couldn't agree more with this post. I clicked the tickets every 5 seconds from noon to 12:35 until I finally got tickets.

and a few times when I actually got the "buy" option, I clicked it and THEN it said that it was out of stock. maybe four or five times. didn't get discouraged (though my patience did start to wear thin) and then after clicking the ticket pair for the 700th time, the tickets were there.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    leedog0 wrote:
    Take your fucking $20.00 back and have the "privilege" of filling your SUV 1/2 full of gas.

ASS!

$20.00 is only gonna fill up his SUV 1/3 full of gas these days...lol
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    Proteus wrote:
    No. The frustration is borne of being falsely lulled into a pretext of having some kind of access, some kind of privilege that others do not. But, it really doesn't matter because it's still a Grunion Run style scramble, just a smaller one.

Is venting our frustration really hurting anyone? No.

Please, if you are furious, post here and post proudly.

I don't think anyone is "falsely lulled...". you're aren't 4 years old being tempted with candy. you're a grown-up and by now, should know how this stuff works: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You do have access to some sort of privilege...it's just unfortunate that it doesn't always go smoothly.

• Options
    Hotter wrote:
    Are you for real....I think that's the dumbest comment I've ever read on this board :rolleyes:

Obviously you haven't been reading these boards for very long......Because believe me, sister, there are some good ones...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • Options
    Than maybe you should not read any posts cupcake...there is far worse being said...

\
    I like that word cupcake,, comon to call us that is over the top

a simple bastards would have been better

you have been to some good shows, and i bet you you will get in that show.

no more shows
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    That's the same thing that happened to me but instead of trying again I checked my cart and they were there so I was able to complete the transaction. To be honest, I think the Ten Club sucks, but I haven't been shut out yet - just lucky I suppose.

Its so classy how people take shots at the 10C on the 10C website.

It would be so lovely if people knew how to express their complaints with some tact.
  • Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    leedog0 wrote:

ASS!
    "1/2 full"
    there's a song Proteus won't be seeing at MSG.
    wah.

i should have known to expect disaster with this stupid system eventually.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    its_okits_ok Posts: 198
    whitepants wrote:
    Calm down! You have been around long enough to know how this plays out. You weren't lucky this time. Try again for MSG2.

Servers crash, shit happens. Breathe and put everything into perspective.

When all else fails, just deal with ticketbastard.

At least you can dream of going, I can't even dream.

Easy for you to say...I live in Sweden, can't buy through ticketmaster. I came so long on first MSG show that i entered my card number and pressed OK. Then the crash came. I think its a shame the 10C can't find a safe way to sell tickets, its not the first time it happens. I'm gonna end up buying tickets for way over face value just cause they can't manage their site.

They say its first come first serve....thats bs, and it sucks!!
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • Options
    TimansTimans Posts: 34
    I got to the state where the tickets were showing but there was no 'Buy' button.

I knew I should have just clicked the space where it was.

FUUCK.

:(