I'll toast to you from Nepal

robrob Posts: 142
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey there,
From the himalayas, and the world's slowest internet connection!
And the keyboard doesn't have letters on it! I am in this little town, and this is the "town" computer.
Well, it only took 26 hours to get here from Amsterdam, by plane, hand pulled trycycle and the tiniest beat up car around!
Not even at my destination yet, but we're staying in this tiny house tonight with some good people that we met and are doing charades with. The full moon is out! , it is so gorgeous here.

Thanks for all the kind private-mails, from all the kind people on this board. You all rock! There are so many thoughtful people here.

To all those who keep filling my private mailbox with not so nice e-mails, sorry if this is the wrong board to post on, this is the only board i've been on, so I'll stick with it, and I hope you find happiness somehow. ( I got to admit it was pretty f'n long ) And it is kind of funny how the negative ones are ones that aren't on this gear board anyway, and not the ones that responded on my posts. but I don't want to expend energy trying to find the letters on this keyboard for that, but please no nasties in my mail! I think soon enough I'll be out of reach of the internet anyway. It's pretty far away here!

I do have a couple of bottles of Champagne that I can't believe I didn't break yet! It's like hmmm, 8:45 pm here. It's 5 hours and 45 minutes off GMT time, I don't know why the 45 minutes!
But in 3 1/2 hours We'll be sitting on a mountainside in the moonlight up the hill from here.

I'll toast to ya
All my friends and family are doing the same
Maybe let's all just toast to each other.

See ya
Rob
How,,,,,did I GET here?!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• viggs20viggs20 Posts: 1,296
    Wow...thats a long journey. How did you manage to type on that keyboard without a single typo :p . I'll raise my glass...take care Rob.
    "Reality continues to ruin my life." - Calvin & Hobbes.

www.stopglobalaids.com www.indymedia.org www.ecologyfund.com www.thehungersite.com www.amnesty.org www.pratham.org www.icbl.org www.care2.com/click2donate
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    salud. It's 11:50 here but in a few hours my shiraz will be raised to you buddy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • It's 5pm here. I'm still underage I'm afraid but I'll raise my glass of orange squash to you. Have a great time Rob and keep on rockin'.
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
  • dan_alivedan_alive Posts: 123
    I'm filling my glass right now *dashes off to get the vino*

Ok, got some nice Jamieson's Run red... *cheers* Cheers, Rob.. have an awesome experience.. enjoy the fresh air and the surrounds mate...

and here's peace to you all ;)

dan.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com
  • i raised my glass to you rob, and it felt goood! have a great time out there! and the moon was beautiful how i saw it.....was it just me or did mr moon look like he was whistling....i think he is tonight also!
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    That's CRAZY... I'll give you some props for that...
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • peace rob.....

keep on keeping on.

i'll raise my glass to you!

:)
    11 October, 2000
    23 April 2003
    22 June, 2003
    5 October, 2004
    5 August, 2007
    20 June, 2009 (EV)
    7 May, 2010
    1 July, 2011 (EV)