Options

To all of you in the North

robrob Posts: 142
edited October 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
Man, I THOUGHT I was going to sleep. It's after one in the morning here in Nepal, I'm the only one still up in this town. I've got the keys to the internet cafe so I opened it back up.

Well, the Northern lights are truly incredible right now. Over the Himalayas, it is unbelievable. I wondered why, so I got back on line and I guess a sun disturbance is happening. So if your north, check it out tonight!

If you're in Atlanta, hmm, drink beer.
New Mexico?,,, might see'm.

Rob
How,,,,,did I GET here?!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by rob
    Man, I THOUGHT I was going to sleep. It's after one in the morning here in Nepal, I'm the only one still up in this town. I've got the keys to the internet cafe so I opened it back up.

Well, the Northern lights are truly incredible right now. Over the Himalayas, it is unbelievable. I wondered why, so I got back on line and I guess a sun disturbance is happening. So if your north, check it out tonight!

Rob

Maybe a little wine. They were amazing from the coast of Nova Scotia.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Rob,

I just wanted to thank you for inspiring me. My ten year old son's best friend's dad just died a few hours after the Benaroya show ended after a multi-year battle with amyloidosis. Amyloidosis is not cancer but the treatment is very close, involving stem cell transplants and too much chemo.

My son's friend is Sam. He is 8 years old and the greatest kid. I'd give just about anything to give Sam one more day with his dad but I can't. So being inspired by you I sold my Benaroya show poster to someone on this site for a $100 donation to any cancer organization. I figure while I can't help Sam maybe I can help some other little kid get one more day with their mom or dad.

Again I'd like to thank for being an inspiration to me that it is way, way better to give. And that long after you are gone that your star will keep shining and shine on people you probably never imagined shining on.

Shine on,

Robert
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • Options
    puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by rob

Rob

I showed you my sky through my eyes. So I think I'd rather see this through your eyes. So keep posting.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.