Bhaktapur, Nepal

robrob Posts: 142
edited November 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
So,,, I have to credit (or blame) puremagic for inspiring the writer in me!

I saw your post surferdude, I'm sorry about your son's friend and his dad. I've found that my cancer effects the people around me as much, or more, than it effects me. It isn't all just about being sick, it's about the relationships and the other lives it tangles with,too. I've accepted my fate now, but the trail of sadness, that it leaves behind with everyone else is very apparent. I hope the best for Sam and your son and that they get the support that they'll need. It warms my heart to see you forward on the 100 bucks to a charity. Giving IS good. Before I left for this journey, my request to my friends and family and everyone I know, was to give to something. Whether it be money to a charity, something directly to someone in need, or to give time to somebody. The gift of time to someone is difficult to find anymore. It seems like the choices most people make in the US to work so much, and to have so much, use our time up! Time to a kid is invaluable.................. Hey, wait a minute, it's not like I'm Mother Theresa or anything, but it IS what I believe.
And thank you for the kind words surferdude. You shine, too! There are more stars than you can even imagine here, you're definitely up there.

Well it's 11 hours later here, than the east coast of the US, so it must be uhhh,,, 11:30pm there. 10:30 in the morning here.
I'm in the town of Bhaktapur. It's a long 1 day trip via whatever moves. Car, back of a truck, or even donkey!, into the spot in the valley in the Himalayas where we're staying. I think I might be done travelling. I keep thinking that this will be my last trip into this beautiful town, as I'm getting more short of breath, a bit tired, but who the hell knows! However, the trip in the other day was tough, I'm sort of dreading the trip back tomorrow.

This town is very cool. Almost no one speaks English, but everyone knows us! 2 Robs, One Bob, and my 24 year old niece, who the storeowners call Weetle Wob.( little rob ) They say "Hello", when we leave, "Good morning" at night, One guy just says "good evening" for what ever you're doing, laughing when he says it because it's the only English word he's knows. Such a good guy.

Tonight will be the last night in town, and I'll head back to the valley tomorrow. No internet there, barely any electricity, but peace and beauty abound! There is nothing like sitting near a warm fire, with hot tea, looking at the ever changing Himalayas. Some minutes they are fogged in, you look away for a bit and look back, the clouds have lifted and they are suddenly just THERE, sometimes the clouds look like a river flowing between the mountains as the wind blows through. Somewhere nearby up the valley is a monastery, and often during the day and night you hear the chanting of the monks echoing through the hills combined with the constant distant roar of waterfalls. They are everywhere. You wonder where all that water comes from, there's so much. But when it's clear, and you see the mass and the size and the amount of snow on the biggest mountains in the world, I guess it's easy to figure out.

That is the place I think I will be from now on.

Anyway, to all you good people, I'll probably be back later today, you never know if the internet is going to be working here!. If I don't make it back onto the net, I'll turn the duties of communication over to my niece, or one of my good old guitaring friends of 30 years!
Cheers to you again!
Rob
How,,,,,did I GET here?!

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sounds like fun. Good Morning I think.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    not to sound trite or anything, but Jesus, what a way to go out. It makes me wonder if society is such a great thing, or at least if our society is
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • robrob Posts: 142
    Hey mon, morning here.
    Society is ok, but you have to remember to make you OWN choices. Don't let society choose for you.

I'm waiting for our ride out of town right now.
    Peace to you all
    Rob
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

cheers. I'm toasting you now. Listened to some Captain Beefheart this afternoon thinking hey, that's probably Rob playing guitar. Cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Ahhh, safe as milk!
    I went to the uk with him in the late 70's?
    I was way out of my league, but that's how you get better!
    That was an over the top band.
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

Originally posted by rob
    Ahhh, safe as milk!
    I went to the uk with him in the late 70's?
    I was way out of my league, but that's how you get better!
    That was an over the top band.

Everything in the 70's was over the top.
    Early seventies anyway, then disco came!
    Ever hear Bongo Fury, with Zappa and Beefheart live? ( I wasn't playing, but I was on some of that tour. THAT,,, was over the top!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Bumping this. I never knew this person, but from what I've read here, This needs to be viewed again. Peace to everyone.
    I don't live here anymore
  • Thanks for that... a pleasant reminder...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • JDE-PJJDE-PJ Posts: 721
    another amazing post that I am glad I found, sometimes I think this place is not even worth visiting anymore and something will show itself to me that makes me see there are some very special people here.

R.I.P Rob
    I know someday you will have a beautiful Life

Jason