Ed's Guitar

Leknuk58Leknuk58 Posts: 23
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
does anyone know if ed ever played his black tele-style from '00 on the '03 tour at all?
"I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    no, not at all.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Why does Ed insist on always playing that Gibson?... ya know, the one with the bullseye on the bridge.... I just think the sound is really scratchy and just not full at all...
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • When they played, "Can't Keep" he'd use the black tele.
    "Is there room for both of us, both of us apart?"
  • When I saw them in Nashville Ed used the Gibson for every song plus it feels less heavy than the Tele..?
    I pledge my grievance to the flag
    cause you don't give blood then take it back again.

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    Originally posted by Porchvs10
    When they played, "Can't Keep" he'd use the black tele.

i'm guessing that was the actual fender telecaster with 4 strings in uke tuning rather than the black schecter tele.
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    Originally posted by exhausted
    i'm guessing that was the actual fender telecaster with 4 strings in uke tuning rather than the black schecter tele.

it was
  • No it wasn't..............it was the black tele..........................................................anyone back me up on this. I know when I saw them two out of three times they opened with can't keep and Ed used the black tele..........The electric uke........I think isn't even black...maybee yellow
    "Is there room for both of us, both of us apart?"
  • if i had known then what i know now...
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    Originally posted by Porchvs10
    No it wasn't..............it was the black tele..........................................................anyone back me up on this. I know when I saw them two out of three times they opened with can't keep and Ed used the black tele..........The electric uke........I think isn't even black...maybee yellow

no.. Ed uses his Black Fender Tele that's one got 4 strings on it for the Uke tuning on Can't Keep. The Teleuke that he uses is for uke songs like Blue Red Grey and Soon Forget.
  • for some odd reason, he's retired both (black & gold) Schecter Tele's.... i don't like the look of the SG's, but they have better tone.
    I'd rather starve than eat your bread