Recording School

Leknuk58Leknuk58 Posts: 23
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Working with any aspect of music has always been my passion. im a freshman at illinois state university where i am undecided in my major. ive alwasy wanted to do somthing with music and have realized that there is really nothing here for me. i am thinking about transfering to Columbia College in chicago to study recording and i was wondering if anyone here has taken a similar path in studying anything like this
"I'm like an opening band for the sun..." -EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I think you have a good idea there. Go with it.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • waldo22waldo22 Posts: 12
    i've been accepted into the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences, and i'm working on getting the loans and stuff to go... i got a degree in english first, though... but,

FOLLOW YOUR PASSION!!!
    "I cut my hair and got really depressed and became a Republican. Then I did acid a couple of months later and realized I was an idiot." ~Mike
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Originally posted by Leknuk58
    Working with any aspect of music has always been my passion. im a freshman at illinois state university where i am undecided in my major. ive alwasy wanted to do somthing with music and have realized that there is really nothing here for me. i am thinking about transfering to Columbia College in chicago to study recording and i was wondering if anyone here has taken a similar path in studying anything like this

Columbia is a great school!
    there are a dozens of internship possibilities for you in Chicago as well.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • beegrrlbeegrrl Posts: 4
    i'm about to graduate from a recording school with a BA. i recommend it, just do some research on schools first.
    Need tickets? Have extras? Post in the FB 2013 Fall Tour Ticket Sharing/Swap/Request Group (face value trades only)