Noticeable "Mistakes" on Released Albums

2»

Comments

• My mind set in recording music is "imperfection is perfect".
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    My mind set in recording music is "imperfection is perfect".

Could not agree more.
    Hearing fingers move on strings is just hearing the whiole instrument. I don't know any way to play some stuff without that.
    One song on the latest Opeth album has a ton of finger scratching, and it just sounds like he is sitting there playing in front of me.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • mattcozeamattcozea Posts: 377
    RUSSELL
    But... it's not what you put in, is it? It's what you leave out. Listen to... listen to Marvin Gaye... A song like "What's Going On." That single "woo" at the end of the second verse - you know that woo - that single "woo."

WILLIAM
    I know that, "woo."

RUSSELL
    That's what you remember. The silly things, the little things... there's only one, and it makes the song. It's what you leave out. That's rock and roll.
    6-27-98 Alpine Valley
    10-8-00 Alpine Valley
    10-9-00 All State Arena, Chicago
    4-23-03 Assembly Hall, Champaign
    5-16-06 United Center, Chicago
    6-30-06 Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee
    8-05-07 Grant Park, Chicago
    8-21-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
    8-22-08 EV, Auditorium Theater, Chicago
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    I'll add, for my own pleasure:

On Mirrorball, the song "Downtown", someone (I think it's Stone) says, "I think I fucked up, let me just play the groove for a minute."

And that's how the song starts. Awesome.

I'm pretty sure it's Uncle Neil who says that, but yes...awesome! It adds character.
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    Severed hand is about acid?
    definately

listen to the lyrics

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • mohomoho Posts: 541
    DOSW wrote:
    Is this only Pearl Jam? I don't know, but I'm thinking of one from the Black Crowes - in the song Midnight from the Inside Out, the guitar intro gets butchered... he misses a note and it feeds back like hell before they start again. But it fuckin rocks.... probably my favorite intro to a song ever. It gives me a guitar face just listening to it. :D

I agree, it's definitely a very cool intro to an album. I love it!

Long Road, there is a load of chord changes that are missed or someone goes to the wrong chord or whatever. I think that song was done in the first take so thats understandable.

Any of Bob Dylans old albums, all those tunes were done in a couple of takes with the musicians studying the back of Dylan's hands to try and predict the chord changes, of course sometimes they missed them and there are licks played over the wrong chord etc. or licks played throughout the verse and when the chorus starts they are played once before they realise they should have stopped.
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!