Good rockin PJ songs to learn to start

Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
edited August 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
If you were switching from acoustic to electric and wanted to learn a couple of hard rockin PJ songs to start what would they be. Not talking something like Wishlist here wanna make a lot of noise and piss off the neighbors. I can play most acoustic bar chords pretty effectively up and down the fretboard. Also anything really rockin in any of the basic 1st position keys?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lukin, Spin the Black Circle, Blood, Tremor Christ. Those are good to piss off the neighbors.

EDIT-NOT FOR YOU!!!!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Corduroy, Alive, Lukin, RITFW, Jeremy.

When you switch to electric you don't play so many full bar chords, more double stops, power chords and chord fragments.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    Awesome some great recomendations. Brain of J, Not for You and RITFW workin out good right off gotta check out Blood next.
  • INDIFFERENCE!!!!!

Nah, just kidding
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Not PJ, but RIFTW.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Look at RVM, the main riff is not a complicated apattern, btu takes some practice to get teh rhythm right.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • Habit is very easy
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I always thought Save You was a pretty easy rocker. Education too
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Hail Hail's not too hard.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • PappasPappas Posts: 809
    animal dude, learn to play animal! its easy as and one of the most fun pj songs to play

get the 100% correct tab off http://www.giventowail.com

Even Flow Psycho Member #039

******Message Pit Australian Tour Members********
    rumour starter President & Member #1

www.myspace.com/pappas99
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    if you know your open chords, my vote goes to Whipping!!! crank it loud and strum it hard!!!