My band's website (with Demos!!!)

FlizankFlizank Posts: 59
edited January 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.corduroycropcircle.com

This is my bands website which I worked on for a large portion of today. Check it out, tell me what you think. Most importantly, give me some opinions on the demos.

more than anything else, take the songs "Watching the Clouds", "Tired", "Something", "Compass" and "Things We Said Today" seriously.
PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
Don't get behind I can't fall back.
Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
They don't want no change. We already have.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Cool... Love the layout. Especially that animated bar :D:D:D

You should put a Gear page up there...
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • FlizankFlizank Posts: 59
    Yeah. I was thinking that. It'll probably come when my friend finishes renovating his barn. That's going to be our 'studio'. Its going to be so sick. :)
  • Hey, Great Web Site, But How Did You Make Yours ? Mine Here http://www.audiodamage.tk Will Not Let Us Post Music On The Site.
    One Flew East, One Flew West
    One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest
    I registered with http://www.1and1.com

They're an excellent service.
  • Is It Free?
    One Flew East, One Flew West
    One Flew Over The Cukoo's Nest
  • How is the studio coming? I never got a real update...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
    Listen to the recordings and you tell me how well its coming along. :)

My friend's barn is almost complete being renovated, and once it is, all the equiptment we bought will have a permanent place. As of now, we've been moving the equiptment back and forth between houses, which has quite frankly... blown. :)

I got a rack and two ART Tube Pre-amps (as well as a headphone amp). They help a ton, make the sound much better. Unfortunately, we havn't had a full band practice since I got them, but I have recorded some of my own demos with them. They improve vocals and make the guitar sound noticably better.

I'm thinking of getting an EQ, but I don't know how I could get it to fit into my setup. I don't want it to effect one or two channels, but I want it to apply to the whole mix.

Also, MIG, I'd really appreciate it if you listened to my demos and tell me what yo think. Mostly the songs I mentioned above.. I could really use some advice on my song writing.
    Originally posted by Audio Damage
    Is It Free?

Its free except the domain costs 6 bucks a year.
  • "Compass" reminds me of "Cortez the Killer" by Neil Young.

You'll need to work on the vocals, they're all too loud... it takes a while to dial them into the mix, though, and some compression would help.

The bass is pretty low in the mix, too... the guitars are at different volumes, and there is quite a bit of difference in percieved volume between clean and distorted guitars. It takes some getting used to, but generally clean guitars will be percieved louder in the mix even though the distortion sounds louder otherwise. That's because distortion provides natural compression. It'll just take some time, trial and error.

Beyond that, you've got a great start. You'll make a lot more progress once you have everything set up in a single location. But keep posting stuff and taking in the feedback from everyone... we all mean to help you...

Keep up the good work!
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.