Whats the easiest way to learn guitar.

hbkabchbkabc Posts: 4
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
PJ has inspired me to learn how to play the guitar, whats the best way to learn?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• GummiBeerGummiBeer Posts: 189
    I'm Sorry but this is just too easy...Buy Guitar...Get lessons...and practice
    Calgary 04-09-2005
    Edmonton 05-09-2005

"A Thousand Ports of light For the Newfoundland...Theres a Kinder gentler American Band"...EV 25/09/05
  • RVM86RVM86 Posts: 76
    I would definately say start with an acoustic. Once you've played on an acoustic, playing on an electric is like heaven. Mike inspired me to play. I taught myself, which has been difficult, so if you have the means, I'd get an instructor. Good luck!
    War In Iraq? Do It In My Name.
  • the best way is to start with an acoustic guitar so that you can build up finger strength, also, learn some chords and scales and if you play with, interact with and watch a lot of other musicians that will really help
    If you don't run, you rust.

Honolulu 12/02/06 & 12/09/06
    Waikiki 04/21/07 & 04/22/06
  • VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    try some of these online lesson pages:
    http://www.guitarnoise.com/

http://www.cyberfret.com/

First things first learn the basic chords practice playing these changing them up.

If you want to learn easy pearl jam songs i would try Long Road, LAst Kiss and wishlist

http://www.giventowail.com

I only started playing guitar over a year ago, i've been teaching myself. It's going really good. I can't stress enough to learn your scales!
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    for me 'guitar world' magazine helped a lot, get friends to show you stuff, stop using tab after awhile and use your ears
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • I started on Electric guitar. I learned by listening to my favourite CDs and emulating what I heard.

Then I discovered guitar tab and I think I played every song ever written at least once ;)
  • Hmm. Get lessons. Make sure you learn musical theory too.
    7/10/06
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    Iv been playing for a couple of years now and its only this year my playings started to really take off. I only started getting lessons a few months back and i have improved so much since then.
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Start with acoustic, go to lessons to help you get the basics down and then go your own way. Oh yeah, Practice practice practice!!!!
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Don't learn!! Play the drums instead!

Sorry... but it needed to be said! :P
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    i'll tell you one thing, pearljam are a perfect band to play along with to learn the basics of the guitar, a good place to start
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    RVM86 wrote:
    I would definately say start with an acoustic. Once you've played on an acoustic, playing on an electric is like heaven. Mike inspired me to play. I taught myself, which has been difficult, so if you have the means, I'd get an instructor. Good luck!
    damn right. ive been playing for 3 years but acoustic for only 1. the action is so high that going back to my electric is more comfortable than a kingsize bed with 6 pillows. i love my acoustic but it friggin kills my fingers
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • there is no easy way dude.you just gotta keep at it;)
    Cornell pwns u