tough Guitar question

present_tensepresent_tense Posts: 121
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok ok
im in the market for a new guitar..I went to a locally owned store in my city, and this guy showed me this newer brand of guitars. This guitar had a toggle switch that made the guitar do this crazy feedback sound when u held a note, it sounded fucking awesome. I havent been back since, and i dont recall the name of the guitar or brand, but id like to do some research on it before i consider buying....Anyone have any idea as to what guitar make or brand im talking about?
the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is the guitar equipped with a sustainer. Fernandes makes some guitars with a sustaining mechanism. Not sure exactly how it works, but when engaged, creates infinite sustain.
  • thanks!! thats somewhere for me to start...you rule
  • Could be a Fernandez, but there are so many pickup things going on now on different brands.

Call the music store up, maybe? Maybe we'll all learn something new! :D
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
  • it was a fernendez!! Thanks for the help. NOw that i think of it, it doesnt interest me as much...Im still conflicted as to what guitar best suites my style..Fenders are way too generic and boring, i have a gibson at the moment, i was thinking maybe an SG...bah, i dont know, something that makes me look sexy as well couldnt hurt...lol, jk.
  • Generic and boring Fenders?

That just doesn't go together....
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    generic and boring fenders had me confused as well??
  • lol, sorry for the confussion. Im just not a fan of fender guitars...They seem like the standard for guitars "to have" . They all look the same to me! They have a nice sound though, no doubt about that, i guess i should clarify that when im talking about fenders, im refering to all their strats.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    lol, sorry for the confussion. Im just not a fan of fender guitars...They seem like the standard for guitars "to have" . They all look the same to me! They have a nice sound though, no doubt about that, i guess i should clarify that when im talking about fenders, im refering to all their strats.
    Just a note:
    Hendrix played a Fender.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Hendrix could have played an Ibanez and made it sound like a million bucks, though
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Strats are kinda like bellybuttons, everyone's got one... or had one...

But screw it, I like 'em...

And I'm a Tele guy, love the way they look, and feel, and with some modifications, how they sound...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I love Fender Strats
    I am learning to love Fender Teles
    I am very interested in Gibson Les Pauls
    I love my Taylor accoustic

There are few dozen others I want to know more about and so little time.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Try out a reverend guitar...try one that has p-90 pickups, i played it and it is gorgeous, sounds like a fender but a little more "ballsy" and i love strats to death

http://reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/slingshot.html
    http://reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/rocco.html
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • WESWES Posts: 168
    the slingshot with the p90's looks killer....
  • lol, sorry for the confussion. Im just not a fan of fender guitars...They seem like the standard for guitars "to have" . They all look the same to me! They have a nice sound though, no doubt about that, i guess i should clarify that when im talking about fenders, im refering to all their strats.

I realize that you are new to guitar playing, but this is my pet peave...... DO NOT BUY A GUITAR ON LOOKS! And do not buy a guitar without playing it first!

Buy something that has great tone and sustain as well as speaks to you creatively. You will have much better time learning the guitar and you will not loose as much money in the end.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • I was totally kidding about which guitars would make me look sexy....jeeze....ive been playing for 8 years with the same guitar...Theres just so many guitars out there, i dont even know where to begin. Obviously Im not gonna buy one until I try it and like the sound. And for the record, hendrix could have played air guitar with a broom and somehow managed to blow your mind ;)
  • moemoe6434 wrote:
    I realize that you are new to guitar playing, but this is my pet peave...... DO NOT BUY A GUITAR ON LOOKS! And do not buy a guitar without playing it first!

Buy something that has great tone and sustain as well as speaks to you creatively. You will have much better time learning the guitar and you will not loose as much money in the end.

I agree to an extent, but a new player is gonna wanna play something more if he/she thinks they look cool with it.