recording question!!!!!!

present_tensepresent_tense Posts: 121
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, so, I have a big question, and Id love to hear the opinions of the gearheads!!

Once done school, i would really love to dive back into recording, but with a much more serious attitude this time around. Im just curious as to what you guys/girls would rather use as a medium for recording...... an apple computer with garageband, or a standalone digital multitrack recorder.... Im looking for a live sound, not into drum loops, and just curious which of those 2 would produce a more professional sound. Cant wait to hear your thoughts! thanks...........jeeze, i havent posted on here in months, hope everyones doing ok.
the oceans made me, but who came up with love?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    A Mac with Logic/Cubase is the best, IMO.
  • Mac or PC with Digigesign products (pro tools and hardware) then you can run reason inside protools by either "live audio tracks" or edit friendly midi tracks via a RTAS. Excellent system, excellent pricing, and excellent sound quality.

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Can't beat a mac for this.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • hey, thanks for the responses, i was definately leaning towards an Apple. How would a set up like that work? Im guessing id have to buy an external microphone port, other then that, do i need much other then those programs?
    the oceans made me, but who came up with love?