Input Needed...please read.

He_Who_ForgetsHe_Who_Forgets Posts: 200
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
there's a lot of knowledgeable folk on here, and i was wondering if a Gibson SG standard was worth 850-900 dollars used. i'm about to buy one, but i was wondering what you really knowlegeable guys thought here. it's got just a little wear on the pickguard and very, very slight wear in the belt rash area...i don't remember but i think it is a 2000 model. i'm looking hardcore for an SG, and this is my color, and would like to know what you "hardcore" guys thought. let me know. thanks in advance jammers.

Peace.
me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• So you know. A 3 month old SG standard just went for 860 on ebay...3 months old!!!!

So I would say no. When a new one is only 1050 or 1150 for cherry I would save up and get one. If your gonna get a used one go for a JUST used one. You can find the occassional great deal on ebay but gibsons hold their value. SG's rarely go for below 700 for a standard on ebay unless they have the shit beat out of em!!!
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • a_gherkina_gherkin Posts: 77
    i would say that if it was in perfect working order, and all you were sacrificing was slight cosmetic damage, then why not save a few hundred smackeroonies?! i would go for it! has it had a professional setup and does it work ok? if it your colour and you could save money on it, then why not go for it, you may regret it!