Played an Orange AD30R........ no good....

bandagedhandbandagedhand Posts: 25
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I dont know what to think. A lot of people have said many good things about these amps but i played one today using a Les Paul Studio, and it just sounded weak and just not much character at all?

Whats the deal? Ive heard that these are meant to rival Marshall sounds. Not what it sounded like to me!
i wish i was a messenger and all the news was good (the guitar riff in the background)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    no actually that's more of a vox type amp, it dosen't really sound like a marshall. They sound far and a way better than the Vox CC2 AC30's IMHO.

"apples and oranges"

You'd probably prefer a higher wattage Retro 50 or a Rocker 30, the AD30 is not the character you prefer. I don't know if any of them really sound like a marshall, but the Retro 50 will certainly give you plexi tones.

Which marshall sound are you after vintage or modern?

I'm confused as to how it sounded weak? I've never heard anything devoid of character come out of any Orange. If you're looking for mud it ain't there in that amp unless you throw a rat in front then you'll get some early 80's marshall tones.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i can imagine it would be disappointing if you were expecting marshall to come out of the speakers.