Whats the best tremolo pedal?

bandagedhandbandagedhand Posts: 25
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone. What does everyone recommend when it comes to tremolo pedals? I wanna get one soon, but the only one i know anything about is the Boss TR-2...

What do u all suggest?

Also, what is the difference between tremolo and vibrato?
i wish i was a messenger and all the news was good (the guitar riff in the background)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• come on u hardcore guiatarsits!.....

what have u all got? or what would u recommend i check out?
    i wish i was a messenger and all the news was good (the guitar riff in the background)
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Well, if you're gonna get a TR-2, get one from Robert Keeley. That's probably the only one you need to know about. Since I got one of those, I haven't touched my Diaz Tremodillo. And the Fulltone is rubbish, I don't care what anyone tells you.
  • who is Robert Keeley? and how do i get one from him?

also, which company makes the 'fulltone'?
  • samquigleysamquigley Posts: 220
    Oh, and tremolo changes the volume. Vibrato changes the pitch.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    its gotta be green
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Do you want a trem that emulates well-kown vintage amp trem, or do you want something that can give you the more extreme trem effects? There's a LOT of great trem pedals out there.

As with anything gear related, your budget will also have an influence on what I am able to suggest.

:)
  • When it comes to amp tremolo it really seems each amp has a different voicing to the tremolo. I don't think in pedal form you can really go wrong with any tremolo. In my opinion tremolo is still the best effect out there.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • i think i want a trem that gives the vintage amp sound mainly, but if it could do some other trippy shit, that would cool, but not essential.

As far as budget, im willing to spend quite a few dollars, as long as im gettin value for money.. so suggest away!!!

also, what does "its gotta be green" mean?
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Well then, I'd have to say Monster Effects Swamp Thang, unless you want to spend sick money...then I'd say that you should track down a Soldano Surf Box.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Monster_Effects/Swamp_Thang-1.html
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    i think i want a trem that gives the vintage amp sound mainly, but if it could do some other trippy shit, that would cool, but not essential.

As far as budget, im willing to spend quite a few dollars, as long as im gettin value for money.. so suggest away!!!

also, what does "its gotta be green" mean?

BJF Saffron Yellow Trem is about as badass as it gets!
    Others to check out, demeter, and redwitch!!
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I own, love, and swear by my Line 6 Tap Tremolo. It is everything I want and gives me no trouble.

http://www.line6.com/tonecore/tapTremolo.html
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
    anybody have an opinion on the EH Pulsar. It is a lot cheaper than all the other trem pedals that I was looking at (i.e. Tremodillo, Demeter, Fulltone). Just want to know if there is a reason for this.

I saw Gomez live and their lead guitarist was using one through a Budda amp and the tone was great.
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done
  • DirtLikeMeDirtLikeMe Posts: 91
    While looking for a bad-ass tremolo pedal I found this:

http://www.empresseffects.com/tremolo.php

Looks and sounds sweet!!!! A little pricey though.
    And if hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done