I Finally learned Black.....damn.

ReleaseLetharmanReleaseLetharman Posts: 141
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I hadn't really tried it because my fingers are a bitch....but I got most of it down. Just need to time the chorus better...I feel like a champ! Between this and YL. (Well still not 100% but still) in the last month. Pretty damn good for someone who's learned on his own! (Special shout out to GP4) :D

What should I try next? Thanks!
http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    I have been on a Tool song learning binge. In the last month, I have learned 46&2, Lateralis, Schism, Ticks and Leeches, Part of Me. They are all pretty easy technically, but getting the timing of em down can be tricky. Thinkin I might attempt to learn and entire album by them. Can't decide between Aenima or Lateralus.
  • Geez...I don't learn songs quite that fast. It takes me about 2 weeks to get one down about 95% correctly.

One song I wanna learn is Breath. Is that one hard?

• Alive is a good one if you've yet to try
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Breath isn't too bad I got most of that down and I've been totally self taught over the last year or so now.
    "i wanna rock and roll **all night**, and part of everyday"
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    am i the only person who never bothers to learn other peoples/bands songs?? for some reason it never appeals to me at all.
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I don`t really do it anymore, but it was how I started. I think it is much more fun to play my own stuff now that I can
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Geez...I don't learn songs quite that fast. It takes me about 2 weeks to get one down about 95% correctly.

breath is tough...u need a harmonic on the 7th fret, but the fingering is easy (some of it is open string). But I have learned approx. 90-95% of all Pearl Jam songs. There may be about 15-20 that I do not know, or do not know all of the way through, but yes, Black is nice to play, as well as YL (my favorite to play). I am liking Dead Man, Fatal, Hard to Imagine, and Hail Hail right now

all4
  • Geez...I don't learn songs quite that fast. It takes me about 2 weeks to get one down about 95% correctly.

yeah ive been trying my whole life to get ahold of this one... i'm not very good at actually playing the guitar,... i tend to be more inclined drumming on a steering wheel than anything else...

well, anything musical that is...;)
    change begins with discontent.
  • breath is tough...u need a harmonic on the 7th fret, but the fingering is easy (some of it is open string). But I have learned approx. 90-95% of all Pearl Jam songs. There may be about 15-20 that I do not know, or do not know all of the way through, but yes, Black is nice to play, as well as YL (my favorite to play). I am liking Dead Man, Fatal, Hard to Imagine, and Hail Hail right now

all4

I've learned the jist of YL..my timing is off a little though. I want to learn Off he Goes...

• EvvoEvvo Posts: 195
    Off he goes is very easy to play. Am, C and F for the most part
  • I always liked Small town and Nothingman...easy as hell and kickass at a campfire. You can't beat that combo.
    Montreal '03
    Halifax '05

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I always liked Small town and Nothingman...easy as hell and kickass at a campfire. You can't beat that combo.

So True....
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    A good combo when playin electric is YL with Little Wing
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V