My First Wah Pedal?

ReleaseLetharmanReleaseLetharman Posts: 141
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm what you would call a beginner...I've improved a lot however in the last 2 months. I'd like to know what kind of wah I should be looking for to try different things. I have a Gibson Epiphone...thanks!
http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I'm what you would call a beginner...I've improved a lot however in the last 2 months. I'd like to know what kind of wah I should be looking for to try different things. I have a Gibson Epiphone...thanks!

what differen't things do you want to try? IF it's a multitude you might find a great value in the Boss V-wah.

If you want a more traditional wah, I say go with the Vox classic wah.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    what differen't things do you want to try? IF it's a multitude you might find a great value in the Boss V-wah.

The Boss PW10 V-Wah is where it's at.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Pacomc79 wrote:

I just kinda mess around with some solo's here and there when I'm in the middle of a song..to be honest, I'm not even sure how many PJ songs require a great amount of the Wah..Can you list me some songs that it sounds good on? (Or any other songs I could get into from other bands...) I'm a beginner, but I've gotten past the most basic easy stuff, Corduroy, Throw Your Arms Around Me, Wishlist, Incubus TShowsOnMute, etc. Recommend any songs while I'm sitting here? Thanks!

ps Thank god for Guitar Pro 4!!! :D
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!