The Shannon O.D. Pedal

evenflowrocksevenflowrocks Posts: 96
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
OK so I got to try one out last night and I LOVE it! Eric(telesonic on this board) was cool enough to come check out my band in Bloomington, IN and he brought two pedals for us to check out...and what a hit! two sales and two very happy guitarists. Trying a pedal in a live gig situation has got to be the best way to do it. after some initial tweeking I had a nice base to start on and throughout the night a few more twists and turns and I was there. Pretty much ignored the two distortion channels on my Marshall and used the pedal with the clean channel for the last half of the night. nice rich tones and very versatile(sp?)there's alot of sounds in those knobs. I'm lovin it. And also major props out to Eric for coming out and bringing the two pedals for us to try. The guy really knows what he's talkin about and was very hands on in showing us the features of this kick-ass litlle orange box. Thanks bro! OH yeah and the bright blue LED is a nice feature...I'm thinking of changing all my pedals lights. anyway, we had a great time and did you ever notice how when you get some new toy or piece of gear you tend to get inspired and play better? Well... thanks for the inspiration. Scott and Kurt from Evenflow. http://www.evenflowrocks.com
www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    thanks scott! it was great meeting you guys and you put on a hell of a show. you guys played a marathon of songs in typical PJ style. i think the setlist was around 32 songs. i had a blast and would love to come to another show sometime. maybe i'll get up and play one with you then. ;)

if any of you here have the chance to see Evenflow, go see them! its a great time.

so what time did you guys get back scott? i guess you didn't make it into work huh? i got back around 5 and was up for work at about 7. that day was longest day i think i've ever had at work before.

http://www.shannon-effects.com
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • Hi, I didn't see this!

Somebody else has the Shannon now.
    We have the future "vintage" originals. I still love mine, and I'll probably send it over this week to get that outside switch on it.

I can't wait for the next model!
    Good luck
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    Originally posted by who's_pearljam?
    Hi, I didn't see this!

Somebody else has the Shannon now.
    We have the future "vintage" originals. I still love mine, and I'll probably send it over this week to get that outside switch on it.

I can't wait for the next model!
    Good luck

hey bob! how have you been? send'er on in.

here's whats on the horizon in terms of my next models.

Distortion
    Compressor
    Phaser
    Tremolo
    Fuzz
    Blues Overdrive (less gain and different frequency response than the one i've got now)

i hope to have these all prototyped by the weekend. the distortion and compressor are basically done, so i'll be tweaking the others. fun, fun, fun!
    my life...you electrify my life. let's conspire to reignite...all the souls that would die just feel alive.
  • TelesonicTelesonic Posts: 222
    Originally posted by a_gherkin
    i cant find any links online regarding the pedal. can anyone help me out. all the guys at harmony central seem to like the unit...

well, you're not going to be able to find much out there about my pedal. i just started selling them a couple months ago. my website, if you can call it that yet, and HC are all you'll spot. i'm working on spreading the word though.

if you're interested, you can reach me: eric@shannon-effects.com
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Hmm... you really got me curious on that one... do you have any soundsamples yet? Would int'l shipping be a problem? I'm seriously interested... if it really sounds better than a Fulldrive as people on HC say, i'd be glad to put the €100 price difference back in my pocket... ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • just got back from band practice and had even more time to tweek...jeez, kurt and i can't say enough about this pedal(and NO, Eric isn't paying us for this). What a versatile pedal!So many ranges of cool. Warm or crunchy with a mere slight twist of the knob. and the switch is way cool too! I'm not very tech"minded" but I know a good sound when I hear one and I've already been braggin to my "Ibanez fan" buddies and I think they're interested so thats good news for you! OH and I got home about 8:00 and never made it in to work...shame on me...but what a great night it was. Maybe you can come to Carbondale in May and we'll hang out more! right on....just keep doin what you're doin bro. Peace, Scott

• Yo Evenflow,
    Not sure which guitar you play in the band, but I was wondering what you guys use on stage for acoustic sound. Do you use an acoustic, pedals on an electric, both?? For now I use my acoustic/electric for most, but was thinking of getting a pedal like Stone. Just curious because I know you guys have been doing this for a long time. I know about the Boss AC-2 and think that may do the job for songs like Daughter and the like. Thanks for the input.

Rocco from No Code.

PS - The pedal you're talking about sounds great. I'm still using my Tubescreamer for distortion and a Marshall pedal for slight overdrive.
    ***** NO CODE - The Pearl Jam Tribute *****

Visit our website: www.nocodejam.com
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    From the other thread.

Eric Your overdrive is frankly outstanding. Very very smooth. I must admit I felt pretty silly at first. I was A b'ing with my Barber Direct Drive and wondering why the Barber had so much treble while yours was much darker though also much smoother and less harsh, after I figured out the tone knob was reversed and similar to the treble cut on my Rat I laughed at myself. It's really quite smooth, a bit more so than the DD though the DD has more output. I can't pick a favorite between them both are excellent in thier own right, but you picked a cool color for the case and the big bright blue LED is very easy to locate on a dark stage. Personally I don't think a Fender owner would want to turn it off. Very nice mids I am a huge fan of the asymetrical clipping I just like that mode the best. You did very very well with this one Eric. I cannot believe how smooth it is exactly as a tubescreamer should be Fender amp owners should never turn it off. I'd say for the money this is as good as any other Tubescreamer style pedal on the market. Better than every mass produced model and right up there with the better botique builders. It's built solid and will stand up to the abuses of touring I think yes even with switches mounted to the board. :) Either way it's not like you can't find the guy.

Good Job ES. I hope it catches on.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i'm looking forward to the fuzz and tremolo. phaser as well.
  • FlizankFlizank Posts: 59
    How much would it cost for me to obtain one? I'm interested...
    PresiWAH of the Evenflow Fan Club
    Don't need a hand, there's always arms attached.
    Don't get behind I can't fall back.
    Why must we trust all these rusted rails?
    They don't want no change. We already have.
  • Scott here from E-flow...hows it goin? Let me start off by saying that being in a PJ trib has been one of the coolest bands I've been in...(I'm 33 now and have been in various bands since 14)anyway you're gonna have a blast as PJ has some of the COOLEST fans out there as far as appreciation goes...it's not bad being the "cheap street version" when you're in need of a fix. So as far as which part I play, I TRY to "be like Mike" although the other guitarist and myself switch parts (it came from before I joined the band and the other guitarist could'nt do some parts and we just left it at that) so I actually get to start alive, daughter, footsteps, glorified g...the list goes on. as far as acoustics go I play a middle of the road Dean FM a/e straight into my amp. I just hate the way direct acoustics sound, plus that way if I feel like it I can add effects from my pedal baord...even distortion! it's cooler like that to me and people have told me they like the way it sounds better and soundmen really like cause its less shit they have to pay attention to. I've never played with an acoustic simulator pedal so I can't say how the are but I'm sure paco knows...he knows everything. Anywho, I gotta get going and do TAXES but hey, maybe if we ever make it oiut to YOUR coast we can hook up? peace out.........SCOTT http://www.evenflowrocks.com

• Hey Scott.

Tony was just f'n around about "our coast". he's our "Ed" in the band and he's just joking. Trust me, he's really cool. As a band we really like you guys. We know what sounds good. And you guys got your shit together.

Congrats on the PR gig. My friend's Van Halen Tribute "Unchained" has played there a few times. They've had a lot fun down there, people really appreciate the music. I'm sure you guys will have a blast.

Thanks for the input on the acoustic sound. I'm Stone in the band so I play most of the acoustic parts. If I don't use the acoustic, I'll use my Strat with a clean tone for some songs. I may try the pedal, but I'm not sure yet. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference to people.

Being I heard you guys before from the website, I have an MP3 I can send you of us if you're curious. It's from our second gig with our old bass player, but I like it. Just PM me with your email addy. I'd like to hear feedback from someone in our shoes.

I love playing in this band. It's almost surreal. (SP) I can't believe it happened. We all enjoy it and the fans are awesome. We get a lot of support from real PJ fans. We may very well be the street version, but we're the street versions of the "best band in the world". Like Ben Harper says. MSG

Hopefully we'll meet soon and get to jam together on a shared stage. I'm sure the day will come. Thanks Again.
    Keep on RITFW............... Peace

Rocco
    ***** NO CODE - The Pearl Jam Tribute *****

Visit our website: www.nocodejam.com
  • Originally posted by NJ_Ledbetter
    Hey Scott.

Tony was just f'n around about "our coast". he's our "Ed" in the band and he's just joking. Trust me, he's really cool. As a band we really like you guys. We know what sounds good. And you guys got your shit together.

Congrats on the PR gig. My friend's Van Halen Tribute "Unchained" has played there a few times. They've had a lot fun down there, people really appreciate the music. I'm sure you guys will have a blast.

Thanks for the input on the acoustic sound. I'm Stone in the band so I play most of the acoustic parts. If I don't use the acoustic, I'll use my Strat with a clean tone for some songs. I may try the pedal, but I'm not sure yet. Not sure if it makes that much of a difference to people.

Being I heard you guys before from the website, I have an MP3 I can send you of us if you're curious. It's from our second gig with our old bass player, but I like it. Just PM me with your email addy. I'd like to hear feedback from someone in our shoes.

I love playing in this band. It's almost surreal. (SP) I can't believe it happened. We all enjoy it and the fans are awesome. We get a lot of support from real PJ fans. We may very well be the street version, but we're the street versions of the "best band in the world". Like Ben Harper says. MSG

Hopefully we'll meet soon and get to jam together on a shared stage. I'm sure the day will come. Thanks Again.
    Keep on RITFW............... Peace

Rocco
    Hey man, I know he was j/k about the coast thing. It's just that we don't have a coast (unless you count Lake Michigan) so sometimes we have to borrow yours--lol. It's all in good fun. That would be great if you would send an mp3, I'd love to check it out. To be honest, I'm not overly proud of some of the ones on our site. If you look at the dates they're quite old and some of them are even before I joined the band. I think we've grown as a band since those, but our other guitarist is in charge of the website, and sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get that stuff done. He's really busy though so I shouldn't complain. I'll pm you my email. werd