blew a fuse!

evenflowrocksevenflowrocks Posts: 96
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
in my marshall tsl head. fortunately during the last song. It blew the mains fuse. I was wondering maybe just overheating would blow the fuse or would it definitely be something major? I hope not seeing as how the warranty just ran out. fuck. I figured pacomc might have some insight on this...help please
www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Fuses do blow out sometimes... maybe there was a power surge or something like that.

Replace the fuse, and if it blows again really soon, then you might start worrying. A fuse that blows constantly is probably a sign of a short in the signal path.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I was playing through my friend's blackface bassman...mmm, it's a '67. He still needs to get a new pair of output tubes, but he just replaced the smaller ones. Anyways, after jamming was done, I had everything off pedal wise and even the guitar volume was off and it started to hum, almost like feedback, then the houselights dimmed and the amp shut off. He replaced the fuse and got it working again, he thought it was just the tubes but now he's thinking it might be something else. Any suggestions for what he should look for?
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Fuses do blow out sometimes... maybe there was a power surge or something like that.

Replace the fuse, and if it blows again really soon, then you might start worrying. A fuse that blows constantly is probably a sign of a short in the signal path.

precisely, the fuse is there to protect major components from blowing it did it's job. Don't worry, just get a new fuse. If that blows quickly have it checked out.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • actually I did go out and get a new fuse and the amp seemed fine through a whole practice so I think things should be fine. I had this happen not once, not twice but three times on my swr workingmans 15 combo. first two times under warranty, after the third it's still in the basement not working. is there a lemon law for amps?

Originally posted by evenflowrocks
    actually I did go out and get a new fuse and the amp seemed fine through a whole practice so I think things should be fine. I had this happen not once, not twice but three times on my swr workingmans 15 combo. first two times under warranty, after the third it's still in the basement not working. is there a lemon law for amps?

The SWR Workingmans series have all kinds of problems. You aren't the only one that has blown more than one fuse on those things. I'd get it working and ebay it. My friends at the music store I worked for took one of those home one night and blew it up the same night. That's really odd on a transistor amp.

I think the TSL will be fine. If there is a problem it will instantainously blow.

I'm not sure of a lemon law but if it's out of warrenty I suggest selling it for whatever you can get and trying something else.

I suggest the Ampeg BA 115.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • yeah I've played through one of those before. It's a damn good combo with the diff EQ settings you can pick and all. did you notice that the kind of text they used makes th BA 115 look like it says BALLS! coincidence?

Originally posted by evenflowrocks
    yeah I've played through one of those before. It's a damn good combo with the diff EQ settings you can pick and all. did you notice that the kind of text they used makes th BA 115 look like it says BALLS! coincidence?

yeah, cause it's the dogs balls in that price range :D

I used to push those. They seem to be reliable, they have an XLR out it's nice and compact in a nice kick back cab and a great overall tone I think it's head and shoulders above the Workingmans series anyway, Hartke is pretty cool too.