boss dd-5 w/expression pedal

evenflowrocksevenflowrocks Posts: 96
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Okay so I might trade my dd3 for a dd5. seeing as how I play the "Mike" parts in a PJ tribute, I kinda need to change the delay speeds quite often and bending down trying to adjust a pedal on a dark stage is a bitch. so I was thinkin I'd swap mine for our other guitarists and then go buy the pedal for the tap tempo feature. any thoughts? do these things work at all? tanks, scott

http://www.evenflowrocks.com
www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Scott, DD6 over DD5 trust me. People hated the DD5 it wasn't around long.

The DD6 has been better recieved. If you're swapping go with the DD-6

The Line 6 DL-4 w/Expression pedal would be the most accurate option but it gets pricey.

http://www.analogman.com/dd5.htm

well, ok, so maybe I'm wrong, all the folks I know like the DD6 better. I think the tone is better out of the DD6. Definately check them both out before you buy.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    The nice thing about the DD-5 is that the tap feature is via an external pedal. The DD-6 has an integrated tap using the on/off footswitch. If you are going to be tapping away at the pedal a bunch, I'd be for getting something with a dedicated tap switch so you don't wear out the on/off switch at the same time. The DL-4 is a great pedal, has a dedicated tap, and is consequently the same pedal that Mike uses. I do feel that the DD-6 sounds better, but for practical reasons, you gotta do what you gotta do. The price of a DD-5 plus the tap switch is probably going to be about the same as just getting a DL-4, and will take up about as much space, so I'd personally just get the DL-4.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    The nice thing about the DD-5 is that the tap feature is via an external pedal. The DD-6 has an integrated tap using the on/off footswitch. If you are going to be tapping away at the pedal a bunch, I'd be for getting something with a dedicated tap switch so you don't wear out the on/off switch at the same time. The DL-4 is a great pedal, has a dedicated tap, and is consequently the same pedal that Mike uses. I do feel that the DD-6 sounds better, but for practical reasons, you gotta do what you gotta do. The price of a DD-5 plus the tap switch is probably going to be about the same as just getting a DL-4, and will take up about as much space, so I'd personally just get the DL-4.

did you see the analogman mod for the expression pedal?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    did you see the analogman mod for the expression pedal?

Yeah...

I just prefer tap tempos. I'd hate to sit there with an expression pedal, rocking forward and backward, trying to find 1/4 notes at 140 bpm. And $60 is a lotta change to mod a $150 pedal. Plus the expression pedal... so you have a total investment of $260. I'd rather get the tap tempo for the DD-5, or just get a DL-4 or a DD-20.

If it wasn't for space and power supply, I would've gotten the DD-20 instead of my DD-6. That's a great pedal...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.