Hey 62strat

evenflowrocksevenflowrocks Posts: 96
edited April 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I know thats not the best way to start a post but hey, we grow. So anyhow thanks a million for coming up and jammin on ritfw and dirty frank, you so WAILED on those two! It was a great time and We were all glad you came up and joined us. You wailed.

And also many thanks for the kind words in that other post with the "haters". we really appreciate it. actually I wasnt too sure about tribute bands either when I was younger, maybe a Grateful Dead trib here and there but that was it. and you are Oh so right about feeling fortunate to have a real cool wife who still is cool about me jaunting off here and there to go play. She really is a catch. Who thought a tribute band could end up being so much fun. I've met a lot of real cool people in the past few years and hope to meet more.

as for my delay pedal...it's a boss dd-3. I was going to get a dd-5 but the cash-flow was not right a the time and I figured the only real diff was the availability of a tap-tempo feature and up until lately, I didn't think it would matter...how I was wrong. Kurt actually plays a dd-5 and I'm thinking about trading him so I can get the tap-tempo thing happening. he doesn't use his delay that often anyway.

So thanks again, thanks for playing, and maybe the next time we jam will be at The Rock in Minneapolis...I dont think O'Garas is gonna work out i the future. and BTW, I'm diggin the new stuff. maybe I'll have to post some of my old originals and the other guy's as well.

peace, Scott
www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'm not 62strat, but i'm going to reply anyway... :)

make sure you keep me updated on any Minnesota shows you all have comin up! I missed out on the last one but hopefully next time i will be able to make it (probalby have to get myself a fake ID:)) Sounds like the shows are a blast, keep it up!
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    I know thats not the best way to start a post but hey, we grow. So anyhow thanks a million for coming up and jammin on ritfw and dirty frank, you so WAILED on those two! It was a great time and We were all glad you came up and joined us. You wailed.

And also many thanks for the kind words in that other post with the "haters". we really appreciate it. actually I wasnt too sure about tribute bands either when I was younger, maybe a Grateful Dead trib here and there but that was it. and you are Oh so right about feeling fortunate to have a real cool wife who still is cool about me jaunting off here and there to go play. She really is a catch. Who thought a tribute band could end up being so much fun. I've met a lot of real cool people in the past few years and hope to meet more.

as for my delay pedal...it's a boss dd-3. I was going to get a dd-5 but the cash-flow was not right a the time and I figured the only real diff was the availability of a tap-tempo feature and up until lately, I didn't think it would matter...how I was wrong. Kurt actually plays a dd-5 and I'm thinking about trading him so I can get the tap-tempo thing happening. he doesn't use his delay that often anyway.

So thanks again, thanks for playing, and maybe the next time we jam will be at The Rock in Minneapolis...I dont think O'Garas is gonna work out i the future. and BTW, I'm diggin the new stuff. maybe I'll have to post some of my old originals and the other guy's as well.

peace, Scott

Hey Scott,

THanks man! and thanks for letting me come up and play. Quite a blast. You guys sound so great cause you are all so really tight and play together so well! and christ, ron jeremey is a machine back there! Dirty frank was a blast, glad it turned out as well as it did. Nice job on the rappin too!

Glad you got my post in the other thread, not sure you would have seen it. I felt i needed to throw in my two cents, although as I'm becoming to realize in life is if people just want to be negative and argue and just be assholes...you really dont need to justify yourself to anyone. Oh well. Def hang on to the lady, hopefully mine will be as supportive and cool!

About the dd delay. Hmm, ive "heard" about the tap temp but I am not exactly sure about what it is/does. I do know i really loved the sound of your dd3 and i think they go for about 70-80 bucks cheaper on ebay. If you think the tap temp is worth the extra $$ then i think i should look into it. I just love how it cuts through so well. the analog ibanex ad9 ive got is a little bit tougher to control. I'm sure id end up keeping both in the chain...more toys...yea...definately more toys.

Cool,

Thanks again scott

Brian

oh yea, any reason why o'garas didnt work out? The Rock is a very cool club as well!actually its actually a better rock club...let me know, keep in touch.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    get a room, already. sheesh.
    brain of c wrote:
    get a room, already. sheesh.

you want in on it?
  • moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    why haven't i heard any of your new stuff, strat?
    moyboy wrote:
    why haven't i heard any of your new stuff, strat?

hey sorry! thought i hounded you enough:)

i posted a thread a couple down in this forum to a link to a new song..new band or at least new guitarist and drummer, different songs, bit of a different sound ..VERY PROUD OF IT...

the link is here..

http://www.myspace.com/shanghaisubway

its just an instruemental, the vocals will be recorded hopefully by mid week next week..

we have a total of 5 recorded as of now...
  • moyboymoyboy Posts: 131
    62strat wrote:
    hey sorry! thought i hounded you enough:)

i posted a thread a couple down in this forum to a link to a new song..new band or at least new guitarist and drummer, different songs, bit of a different sound ..VERY PROUD OF IT...

the link is here..

http://www.myspace.com/shanghaisubway

its just an instruemental, the vocals will be recorded hopefully by mid week next week..

we have a total of 5 recorded as of now...

cool, i'll check it out
    moyboy wrote:
    cool, i'll check it out

let me know what ya think. good or bad!
  • Why are there no willing people in NJ that want to play music together...
    When this just feels like spinning plates.