It's ALL GONE!

evenflowrocksevenflowrocks Posts: 96
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
yep, thats right...some fucking fuck decided to back up to our band's trailer, hook it up and drive away...at sometime between 1:30 and 3:30 in the AFTERNOON! IN BROAD DAYLIGHT! FROM A BAR WE AS A BAND HAVE ALL BEEN REGULARS AT FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS! I'm so mad right now I can hardly even type. ALL of my gear, ALL of our singers gear, ALL of our drummers gear and Most of the other guitarists gear. thank god our bass player has another band and he took all of his shit the night before. lucky bastard.

the beloved PRS, the Epiphone, the Marshall TSL and cab. many pedals, including customized one of kinds by Eric Shannon himself. (Eric if you read this call me.) all in all I alone lost about $8000 if you figure exact replacement costs. In total, about $25,000 not including the trailer.

yes police reports have been made and if anyone here has ever tried to get insurance for musical gear in an enclosed trailer for a band that travels a lot, no, it wasn't insured.

fortunately there is a store adjacent to where the trailer was parked that has limited surveillance cameras and they WERE on so we're hoping.

Can anyone give me a good story like maybe they got some stolen items recovered? I'm fuckin dying over here.

peace,

scott

http://www.evenflowrocks.com
www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    No good story, sorry :(

This really sucks. I really enjoyed your shows in Columbus...
    What now?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • well it took me twenty years to amass all the gear. lets hope it doesn't take that long aqgain. we'll continue to play. borrow shit until we can buy shit ya know?
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • cant believe that......

man that just sucks.......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • one time my bike got stolen from the side of my friends house while i was inside.........so the next day i rode around (on another bike) looking for it.....and i see some teenage kid ride by on a VERY FAMILIAR looking bike......so i ride up behind him all slow, checking over the bike carefully before i confront him.....it was mine alright......so i grab the handle bars and i'm like "where did you get this bike?" and he's like "my dad bought it for me" all nervous.....and i was like "GET THE FUCK OFF MY BIKE!!!" and he ran and i yelled "thats right, BITCH!" and then i walked home with both bikes feeling like the king of the world...

in a funny twist, i worked as a teaching assistant at the time in my old high school, and this kid was a student.....so i would see him in the halls every day after this and stare his ass down as cold as possible, and he would always freeze in his tracks.....i never called the cops or nothing, i got enough satisfaction from harrassing the little weasel....

also, my friend had her car stolen and it was found in the parking lot of nassau coliseum a few weels later, so-

there is hope!
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    check all the area pawn shops and let them know. sucks man. sucks big time.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Sucks man. Sorry. Somebody tried to steal my pedalboard one time but I got to him in time.
  • yeah thats rediculous

but things happen, you cant keep having hope that its going to turn up, so go on, maybe try something new? :) who knows you may like it better than your old sound :)

I also remember a time when I baught a pedal at the counter of this awsome little guitar store, and i paid for it, and i put my wallet back in my pocket, but it fell out so i bent down to pick it up, i look at the counter its not there anymore....so im looking around and there is no one insight except for the guy at the counter with his back to me organizing the cash drawer....so i then take a look behind me and i see this guy near the exit with MY BAG walking casually out....i run up to him and grab the bag and i said you fucking prick, i told the manager...funny thing though, the guy was like about 65, ha
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • dude, I know how you feel. I have had my personal vehicles broken into 3 times. I never cared, it was only stereos (9 grand the one time though). But a few years back, my work truck was broken into. This made me bitter. Now they stole my liveleyhood. I had about 40 grand worth of gear stolen, thank god they never got it all, and no insurance, plus I was kinda limited in the ability to work area. I fought back. I imediately put up several posters. 1500 reward. took about 28 hours before somebody ratted them out. I never got it all back, but I got most of it (like 95%), plus, I dumped their drugs and took their cash (I brought a few pissed off buddies). I told them that if anybody in the area was broken into I would be back, wether they did it or not. I really should have called the cops, because our area was pretty good after that.

Best of luck...
    P.S. I have always wanted to try the Mexican torture technique. Duct tape the mouth, turn upside down, and pour pepsi up the nose (they have to breathe in). Supposed to be horrible.

I do not condone any of my comments
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    check all the area pawn shops and let them know. sucks man. sucks big time.
    yes do that you might be lucky;)the first places fucking thieves go to is somewhere where they can sell stolen items.I feel for ya man i really do.
    Cornell pwns u
  • I would also scour ebay if no one said that already.
    "I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay... we're all just visiting."
  • Scott!!! Oh man,,, that's horrible!

Same trailer from NYC?

Maybe you should post the stuff you lost and we can look at it on Ebay, too. (ok, well, I guess you guys can do that without posting it.)

A few years ago, a friend of mine lost a couple of nice Strats at the Electric Factory in Philly, and we all kept looking for them in the local pawn shops and Ebay. One came up on E-bay, so a friend bid really high and got it, then drove to the address where he was supposed to send the check. Sure enough, the cops found a bunch of stolen property, and the other guitar, too! You never know when you'll run into another dumb burglar.

Sorry to hear that, Scott.

Bob
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart
    (
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I know what you mean man. I got 2 briefcases of gear stolen out of my house over a year ago.....thankfully it was in my house (or at least I think it was) so I got insurance replacement and money after paying the $500 deductible. I know that musicans gear is hard to get...but you CAN GET IT. I live in Canada and throught the musicians association there is one insurance company that deals with gear insurance...cost is about 2% of the total a year I believe, but you HAVE to be a part of the association. Anyways, if you have serial numbers for the equipment make sure you give those to the police...if it turns up at any pawn shop you'll get it back. I would also suggest putting flyers up all over town...especially around the area where it was stolen....chances are someone might have seen somebody drive away with it and be able to give the police a description. All I can tell you is try and do everything you can and talk to as many people as possible about the gear and the trailer...word of mouth can do wonderous things. Sorry to hear about you gear man...and I really hope that you find it.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    I am so sorry to hear about this. It really tears me up to think some asshole is out there profiting on another mans hurt.

There has to be a way to keep this from happening.

Register the Serial numbers with every source you can think of, magazines, forums, pawn shops, music stores and ebay. People have to stop buying stolen gear. If it sounds to good to be true, maybe some guy is out of work because of it.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board