Ripped Off!!!!!!

evenflowrocksevenflowrocks Posts: 96
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So as my bass player and his son were in the movie theater the other day some fuck broke into his van and stole his modulus quantum 5 and his bass head. they left the speaker cabs and an entire pearl pro drum set and all of his work tools. I'm starting to think maybe he might know the guy...to be so picky. I'm just glad I got my PRS out of there. if anybody comes across a purple modulus an ebay or other sites let me know. I wonder if you can go to all the pawn shops in the area and give fliers to the owners to look out for this thing. I guess we'll have to go see every local band play and check out the bass players. this so sucks...peace, scott

http://www.evenflowrocks.com
www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    :(
    mean people suck!
    yes, you should distribute flyers to local pawn shops AND have him at least file a police report including any identifying serial numbers, photos etc if he hasnt done that already but i thought he told me he did.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • That really sucks! Three years a friend of mine put alot of his gear in storage for one month so he only had to move part of his stuff back into his parents house. Little did he know that it would be last time he would ever see his 80's Fender Twin, Digitech Genx, Zoom 505, various mics, Digitech vocal processor, Crybaby Wah, TV, and Camcorder. I told him not to put any of his musical equipment in storage that I would store it my closet for him and not even play any of it, but he didn't listen. At least he was partially lucky and took his Strat, Hamer Standard, and Epi Les Paul out two days before it got broken into.
    I really hope you have better luck than he did because he is yet to get any of his stuff back and I am very sure some of it is in the pawn shop that was 6 blocks away. But he can't find the serial numbers so he is screwed. Ever since then I have written down every serial number on my gear.
  • toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    depending on his insurance he may be able to get it replaced. I know with my renters insurance it would cover anything stolen from my truck.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    Make sure he reports it with the authorities. When and instrument is traded(pawn shop, music store etc, etc) they have to run a check on the serial number to make sure it was obtained legally.