what's your guitar's name?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 23,243
recently acquired an epiphone les paul. what should i name it?
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have named my guitars like so...

Epiphone Stratocaster - Soledad
    Epìphone Les Paul - Denise
    Bc Rich Warlock - Sheila
    Ibanez S - Alejandra
    Takamine G acoustic - Joaquina

YES!...i AM lame...

cheers!
  • well, mine is just called 'my baby'.

is it a male or female, or havent you decided yet?

p.s-you could just call it 'my penis extension'
  • George, its the name of the person who made it for me. And its says george on the machine head in fancy writing.
    'Fox hunting is barbaric, the people who do it are a bunch of snobby tories with stupid posh accents. Oh damn, i didn't say that - damn, what a giveaway...'
  • i got an acoustic takasomethin
    i named it victim
    convicted
  • Mine is Stoney. I know, not original....but I named it after the guitarist I most wanted to be like. It'sa beautiful Gibson Les Paul. A pic of me with my geetar is on my website,

http://www.geocities.com/vampyrekiss2003
    "you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself"

"model role-model no dumma dah...fuck"
    Satan's Bed 5/3/03

• my strat is named becky for... umm... some reasons...

and i'm not sure how i'm going to call my beautiful new electro-acoustic... either sun green or pocahontas... i purchased it just the day after i saw neil young on his recent solo acoustic tour and a good friend suggested those names...

give your guitar a name that is special to you... and that fits the guitar...
    well...
    my best advice is: listen to your guitar! she will tell you her name... take at look at her... the shape, the colour, the tone...

but make a wise choice... it's like naming your child... or your girlfriend - if it was possible to chose you girlfriends name ;)
    ~~~
    Some days you wake up and sit on a park bench next to an eighty year old Russian architect, and some days you don't. I think this is my new life philosophy.

http://epplehausradio.blogspot.com/

pearl jam @ the astoria, london, 20/04/06
  • ibanez rg3120

its name is red dragon

or

yngwie
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • such a difficult task...i originally named my favorite strat kema after one of my friends but i'm debating changing it to natalie...
    ...please stand by the shore
  • Mine is Penny Lane aka "Penny"
    Bowwowwow...yippie yo...yippie ye...bow wow...yippie yo...yippie ye...
    -Eddie Vedder
    (Blood, 7-5-03, Camden 1)
  • haha this thread is awesome. Anyway, I have a G&L Legacy named Betty Jean Pearl, I think it has a nice ring to it. My shitty acoustic isn't worthy of a name, hopefully I'll be getting a new one soon.
    "If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead" - Layne Staley

Vancouver '98
    Vancouver '03
    Benaroya Hall, Seattle '03
    Arnhem '06
  • mines name is "fuckin ass" at the moment from breakin my string and i have no money to replace it...fuck you fuckin ass
    if i had known then what i know now...
  • I've got a Les Paul Goldtop, I named it Orianna. Orianna is greek for gold, and is a nifty little name so it works out.
    To myself I surrender, to the one I'll never please.
  • i know mine's a girl... but she has no name. she changes her songs with the moods... so i cant confine her with a label.

-d
    www.myspace.com/eotoband
  • Mr. Guitar.
    "Many of Pearl Jam's most loyal fans are teenagers who do not have the money to pay the $50 or more that is often charged today for tickets to a popular concert...we have made a conscious decision that we do not want to put the price of our concerts out of the reach of many of our fans." 6/94
  • I named my fender squire "Ralph" after the Ralph Wiggum sticker on it :p

my acoustic & new electric (Fernandes Dragonfly Pro) are yet unnamed ;)
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    in order of when i got them:

smashed/burned harmony acoustic - piece of shit guitar (yes that's what i always called it... but i called it 'my baby' privately)
    yamaha strat-copy - janis
    epi flying v - (haven't named it yet, actually)
    epi acoustic - new baby
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    I have 5 and they are all called "fuckers", because their right-handed guitars and I'm a left-handed bass player. Fuckers.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.
  • my baby gal strats new name is natalie!
    ...please stand by the shore
  • my accoustic is named sara (wrote a song about it, everybody thinks its about some girl i never told them about, hehe)
    and i have two strats
    the red one is amy
    the black one my brother uses now. not sure what he named
    it, but it was something silly.
    when i used it, it was lilith.
    once dissolved we are free to grow...
  • rybesrybes Posts: 136
    wow, i feel like im missing out, ive got two guitars that are unnamed... guess i should get on that!
  • i used to have this ibanez that would not stay in tune for longer than a minute ,i bought it used when i was 17 ...i used to call it piece of shit

i have a no name guitar that i dont like too much (acoustic)

and i have a les paul epiphone ,i used to go visit her in the store before i got it like everyday ...and i always called it ,my baby,beauty..stuff like that no specific name ..
  • isisisis Posts: 34
    I have an Silver Cadet / Ibanez acoustic I call Dean (after "on the road"), a Yamaha F310 acoustic with no name (it is not really mine, it is my brothers', but he doesn't play it so ...) and a red squier strat called Arth
    I don't want to hear from those who know
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    uninnocent wrote:
    in order of when i got them:

smashed/burned harmony acoustic - piece of shit guitar (yes that's what i always called it... but i called it 'my baby' privately)
    yamaha strat-copy - janis
    epi flying v - (haven't named it yet, actually)
    epi acoustic - new baby

These names are out of date.

First acoustic (RIP): Fucker
    Yamaha EG-303: Fucker II
    Epi Korina Flying V '58 Reissue: Janis
    Epi A-10 acoustic: Fucker III
    Gretsch Electromatic G5122: no name yet
  • cool thread from way back when..

there are some really cool names here...

i never named my guitars. i have too many guitars (11) and have not been creative enough to name them. to me they are tools and i have abused them over the years. gigging and alcohol has not been that kind to them. to me naming them gives them some sort of personality and i could not imagine calling one of them the name of someone i love and then scuffing them up or abusing them somehow...

maybe i'm just weird that way...

actually i take that back, i have a '67 black strat that i inherited that is all beat up like clapton's "blackie" so i call it "blackie"...real original huh?? :lol::lol:
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    nothing wrong with "Blackie", it's kind of classic.
    I found the thread while trying to get inspiration for naming my new one.
  • mcthudmcthud Posts: 366
    My Squier Tele Custom II is Alicia. My Fender Tim Armstrong acoustic/electric is Hunny. I have an SG copy also, but it doesn't have a name.

I'll be building a Firebird soon. I should start thinking about the name now....