tuning to FFCCCC (low to high) HELP!

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Can somebody explain exactly how I would tune my strings this way (what to fret, etc.,) Thanks!
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• what the shit do you play with that tuning?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • It's a slide tuning. You can't do much with it. Try something less insane like CGCGCE! :D
  • It's a slide tuning. You can't do much with it. Try something less insane like CGCGCE! :D

I've written a handful of tunes in CGCGCE. They usually end up all droney and hypnotic. Good call senor Carrots.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    A440 anyone?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • nailz100 wrote:
    A440 anyone?

Nothing wrong with standard tuning, but there are some awesome suspended voicings that are easier to play in altered tunings. Plus it opens you up for some exotic sounds.
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Can somebody explain exactly how I would tune my strings this way (what to fret, etc.,) Thanks!
    I've used EGDGGD for a few songs that ive written...you can come up with a lot of cool G chord progressions with it. Try it out,...
  • playing seasons are we?

easy tuning to get into actually

just go to the closest note i believe (be it high or low C or F)

fun song to play :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
    you're right toast, seasons is what i'm after. one of the best songs i've heard.
    www.cluthelee.com