To DigiTech or not to Digitech.....

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,242
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been using a yellow DigiTech RP-3 since 1998 I think. I'm ready for a change and have been thinking of cutting down to just a distortion pedal and a delay pedal. Are the Ibanez distortion pedals as good as people say?
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i still have my RP-10. it was my first foray into effects.

there are much better sounds to be had out there than what the old RPs can give us. the ibanez pedals are pretty damn good but there are so many options. try a few different things out.
  • i just got rid of my RP-3. Had it for a few years and finally decided it was time to move on to bigger and better things. So far I don't have much for effects, but i'm workin on it. I've got a Dunlop 535Q wah, a Shannon Overdrive, and probably getting a MXR Phase 90 for my birthday soon.

I'm gonna go ahead and plug the Shannon Overdrive. Hand-made by Eric Shannon (aka Telesonic on this board) and it's a fantastic pedal. This baby is like a modded tubescreamer, but it has much more to offer than a standard non-modded tubescreamer. Go to http://www.shannon-effects.com for more info. As far as i'm aware Eric isn't making anymore...but there might be a chance he's still got a few laying around (lucky for me he did!). The Overdrive sounds fantastic on my shitty Crate solid-state...and i can only imagine how sweet this baby is gonna sound once i get a tube amp (within a month or two).
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV