connect guitar to Powerbook G4, HELP!

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 23,243
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
would like to use Garageband on my Powerbook G4 but can't seem to find a decent plug to fit over the other end of my guitar cable to plug into the line in jack. any suggestions? i picked up a 1/4 stereo adapter from Radio Shack but it doesn't pick up any sound. also tried a mono plug. the input jack just doesn't seem friendly to anything but the bloody iPod earphones. help!
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    would like to use Garageband on my Powerbook G4 but can't seem to find a decent plug to fit over the other end of my guitar cable to plug into the line in jack. any suggestions? i picked up a 1/4 stereo adapter from Radio Shack but it doesn't pick up any sound. also tried a mono plug. the input jack just doesn't seem friendly to anything but the bloody iPod earphones. help!

Any of those should work. Go into your system preferences - sound - input and check to see what device you have for sound input, if its internal mic you may have to change it to line in. Also, I have a cable that's standard guitar on one end and 1/8 on the other to jack right in. I think Griffin Technology or Monster sells it. Good luck.
  • I can't wait to get a Mac
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...