what sticker sticks on your guitar?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 23,243
edited December 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
i got one of those binaural head stickers for x-mas from the 10c store and thought it would look neat on my epiphone LP. the colors match up so well it looks like it came with it on there.
what do you all have on your guitars?
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I've got a PBR sticker on my acoustic, and I taped a cuban Cohiba cigar wrapper on my les paul from a cigar that I smuggled in from Mexico as my own little protest against the Cuban Embargo.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    I have a few stickers on my guitar cases and road cases: Mr Brewski says "Beer Is Good," Mesa Boogie, Marshall,
    Bogner, Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Taylor, Matchless, Chiquita Bananas, FRAGILE-Musical Instrument Inside-FRAGILE!!!
    "Play It Like You Mean It", "Support Local Music-Sleep With A Musician", "The Voices In My Head Tell Me To Turn Up",
    "Damit Jim-I'm A Guitar Player-Not A Doctor!"
    That's all I can remember without physically going into my music room to take a look at everything.
    I wouldn't put a sticker on my actual guitar since the adhesives can eventually hurt the finish (and I love all my guitars to
    much to risk that). Also, putting a sticker on an acoustic guitar can dampen the sound by keeping the top from resonating
    as much as it would without one - Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • On my Mustang I got a Kurt Cobain one. On the back are a TOOL sticker and a Rage Against Machine sticker.
    Strat: Snoopy, India, Nirvana, "Jerk It Out"(a local band), an anti-animal cruelty sticker, and I have a ton of signatures on it from friends. On my baby acousitc(starcaster), it's got signatures from all of my friends who support me. I don't play that one though.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • matches my guitar, and means something ta boot:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E7z0smoaUOI
    "I'll tell you what: If all I had was Pearl Jam, and I didn't have another band in the world, I would not be worried. Because in there is the essence of making great music. You don't have to use it all at once, but it's there." - Neil Young
  • Stickers on my guitar?

NEVAH!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I wouldn't put them on my good guitars but there's nothing wrong with putting them on a less expensive guitar. Especially one you are gonna mount or not be to worried about what's going to happen to the finish. Some might just wanna personalize a less expensive one to make it more unique.

Even though i don't have any on my guitars, one of my cases is fairly well decorated ;). These are what i can remember. I have a few pearl jam, the living end, powderfinger, SRV, 'music is my life', 'my guitar is smarter than you', butterfly, jimi - are you experienced. 'It's all about guitars'. Also an element sticker with a skeleton shaped guitar. Few others can't remember without looking.
  • I have an oval Dark Side of the Moon sticker (the prism, duh) on the body on my first acoustic. I had a bunch more (one PJ one I forget, the Rolling Stones lips, and a Sublime sticker), but I removed them all except the DSOTM. I won't put stickers on my others though, they're too nice, at least to me :D
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • i use to have stickers on my guitar but that kinda became cheesy to me. besides with enough play the guitar does get pretty personalized without being a billboard. dents, scratches, and just regular wear. i have to yet strum the paint off, one day........
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    i have to yet strum the paint off, one day........
    You'd have to try pretty dang hard to manage that on a modern guitar...
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • fowls wrote:
    You'd have to try pretty dang hard to manage that on a modern guitar...

those old fenders that have the paint worn off just look at awesome. but im sure it takes alot of playing. it would also be cool to play a guitar like frank blacks acoustic were he dug a hole thru the body.
  • I wouldn't put stickers on my guitars, but I have a few on my amps.
    "I wish I was the full moon... you kept your house keys on" - Wishlist (Melbourne '03)
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    those old fenders that have the paint worn off just look at awesome. but im sure it takes alot of playing.
    Modern finishes protect the guitar way too much, you won't be able to wear it down.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen