Maxon/Ibanez ad-9

McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
edited June 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I bought for 80$CA an ibanez ad-9, and the pedal works really well.. but i'd like to know what's the difference with the Maxon's !?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10171&item=7331606581&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
-"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Maxons are supposedly amazing quality. Same delay time, works the same, better chip i think.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    I see.. indeed, these pedals are really good. I shall get the famous ts-9 tube screamer ? is the new one still has a good sound ? OR I better wait to get the original one ?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the price difference is due to components, quality control and true bypass in the maxon versions of all the 9 series pedals.

that being said, i'm not sure there is $160US difference between the two.

i plan to side-by-side them soon as i'm back in the delay market.
    McCready00 wrote:
    I see.. indeed, these pedals are really good. I shall get the famous ts-9 tube screamer ? is the new one still has a good sound ? OR I better wait to get the original one ?

the maxon OD-9 sounds better than the ibanez TS-9. both sound better than the horrible new ibanez 808 reissue.

vintage is overrated.
    and it's still possible to buy one of those Maxon OD-9 ? I mean, is maxon still make pedals ? I thought they were sold years ago to Ibanez..
    maxon is still in production. they're available all over the place.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    McCready00 wrote:
    and it's still possible to buy one of those Maxon OD-9 ? I mean, is maxon still make pedals ? I thought they were sold years ago to Ibanez..

they used to make ibanez pedals years ago.

http://www.maxonfx.com The godlyke corporation
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    http://www.maxonfx.com/realtube/rod881/

wow I need this one, listen to the samples over the link..

too though, I should change my rocktron amp to something better before to get new pedals.. It's a good amp but it sounds too metal..
  • theres a place near me called Maximum Music they had a Maxon OD-9 and a Ibanez TS-9...to me they sounded the same...plus the ibanez was almost half the price and sounded beautiful, man i need to get my tube amp soob
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore