line 6 pod vs behringer v-amp

nazcanlinesnazcanlines Posts: 26
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anyone ever played on either of this systems? If so how do they perform, are they decent? If anyone has every played on both, which one is better?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    It's personal preference. I prefer the POD because I learned how to use all the Line 6 stuff.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i haven't played the behringer. i really do like my pod though.
  • jodijodi Posts: 183
    i have played on the pod.
    didn't like all the effects, but some amps are nice.
    the britversion, the distortion and the nirvana sound are cool.
    but a bit expensive, in my opinion
    There's a light,... when my baby's in my arms...
    And I know she's reached my heart,... in thin air
  • songmansongman Posts: 2
    I have a pod... it took a while, but i like it
    I'd rather starve than eat your bread
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I wouldn't play a Behringer if you put a gun to my head.

I would play a Line 6. And you might not even need the gun.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • durbandurban Posts: 18
    Got the Pod2 and love it to bits.

As its kidney shaped I was thinking of having it transplanted for my own kidney coz I love it that much.

In all seriousness it aint the best 'effect' box ever but its not meant to be. I normally play it clean (Ie don't use any of the effects) and then plug my pedals in.

As an Amp modeller it is amazing tho, it is just fantastic, whether you want a good clean tone or something crunched its excellent.

I would love to hear it against a real amp one day but I never had the chance (ie the Pod thru a medium clean Amp, played alongside a Laney or Marshal cab!) just to see how close it is in sound quality, but it certainly sounds damn good.

The reverb is crap tho (in my opinion) and I get a better effect using Cakewalks software reverb which aint that good either.

Get a POD I guarantee you will love it tho.

M
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    use the sound diver to tweak the reverb with your computer and you can improve it somewhat. that's what i did.
    Originally posted by durban
    Got the Pod2 and love it to bits.

As its kidney shaped I was thinking of having it transplanted for my own kidney coz I love it that much.

In all seriousness it aint the best 'effect' box ever but its not meant to be. I normally play it clean (Ie don't use any of the effects) and then plug my pedals in.

As an Amp modeller it is amazing tho, it is just fantastic, whether you want a good clean tone or something crunched its excellent.

I would love to hear it against a real amp one day but I never had the chance (ie the Pod thru a medium clean Amp, played alongside a Laney or Marshal cab!) just to see how close it is in sound quality, but it certainly sounds damn good.

The reverb is crap tho (in my opinion) and I get a better effect using Cakewalks software reverb which aint that good either.

Get a POD I guarantee you will love it tho.

M
  • I would avoid the Behringer. Most of theres stuff is cheap but sounds like garbage. Have you considered a Johnson J-Station ? They are only 99 bucks and sound pretty good. I was goofing around with mine one day plugged into a $250 bass combo and it sounded pretty damn cool ! Almost ditched my Marshall rig and started using that. It also comes with J-Edit software which is pretty neat for programming the thing.

Craig