Tuning A string to B?

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited November 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
How do I do it and can I use a capo for it to work
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Do you have a tuner? If so just pluck the A string, then just tune up alittle until the tuner says B. If not you should get one. You could also hold the low E string at the 7th fret, thats a B. Then just pluck it and pluck the A string and then tune the A string up until it sounds about the same (then at that point you could use a tuner to refine it to just the right tone. Hope thats not too complicated.
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."
  • play the A string at the second fret to play the B note then hum that note while tuning up until you have the same pitch, thats what i do.
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Just find a duplicate B somewhere else and match the pitch.
    You can find a B on every string, and you know there's even an open B-string.
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Snake wrote:
    Do you have a tuner? If so just pluck the A string, then just tune up alittle until the tuner says B. If not you should get one. You could also hold the low E string at the 7th fret, thats a B. Then just pluck it and pluck the A string and then tune the A string up until it sounds about the same (then at that point you could use a tuner to refine it to just the right tone. Hope thats not too complicated.

I have a tuner when I tune down I get a G . I then get at the A and E after that
  • Tune up, not down. You'll be tuning up the equivalent of two frets. The note should sound in octave unison with your B string, and your B light should come on anyway.
  • SnakeSnake Posts: 2,605
    Tune up, not down. You'll be tuning up the equivalent of two frets. The note should sound in octave unison with your B string, and your B light should come on anyway.
    Yea, just pluck the string until the tuner says its B and make sure its lined up just right on the tuner so its not sharp or flat.
    Pirates had democracy too.

"Its a secret to everybody."