Problems

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Every time I plug my lead in my guitar off the Amp there is a buzzing sound. I taught it was the lead so I got a new one same thing. Next I got a new amp and it was the same.
Anyone know what is up with it?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Could be your pickups... what guitar do you use?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • AndyMandersonAndyManderson Posts: 167
    The wiring on mine was jacked up one time causing it to buzz.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Its a cheap encore.
    Should I retune the strings?
    Originally posted by AndyManderson
    The wiring on mine was jacked up one time causing it to buzz.

What do you mean by that?
    What would cause the guitar to buzz. On the pickup some of the knobs on the pickup are pushed it, would it have anything to do with it?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    if you're talking about a buzz any louder than normal, single coil pickup hum, then a ground connection has come loose. if you've already changed the cable and the amp(!!!!) then it's in the guitar. have it looked at.
    Would you have any idea of what it would cost to fix if the guitar was at fault?
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Don't know man....a tech could answer that for you I'm sure. If you can I would suggest borrowing a friends guitar an trying it out on your amp (if thats possible). You should be able to eliminate whether it is the guitar or the amp that way.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
    I brought it to a guitar shop and the man said it was the wires in the guitar.
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Thats pretty common in lower model guitars. Good thing you figured it out though
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Originally posted by fada
    I brought it to a guitar shop and the man said it was the wires in the guitar.

Maybe a grounding issue?
  • Survo-Survo- Posts: 72
    no no no n00bs!

get a new chord. and u might need ur input fixed too. my guitarists guitar was doing that and he took his guitar in and got a new chords and it works now.
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    Originally posted by wGp~KiD
    no no no n00bs!

get a new chord. and u might need ur input fixed too. my guitarists guitar was doing that and he took his guitar in and got a new chords and it works now.

There are actually multiple reasons that can cause a guitar to hum. Bad news, huh?
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."