Help with Tunings

fadafada Posts: 1,032
edited September 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am trying to tune to A string to an B , how do I do this? I am using a tuner and can't seem to get it. Should I drop it down a few tones? I know how to get it tuned to a G off the A string but can't seem to find the B on it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fada wrote:
    I am trying to tune to A string to an E , how do I do this? I am using a tuner and can't seem to get it. Should I drop it down a few tones? I know how to get it tuned to a G off the A string but can't seem to find the E on it.

to get teh A to an e, you will have to lower it 2.5 steps (5 frets) to achieve this it will sound exactly like your low E (string 6) so keep lowering the A and plucking the E untill they sound the same. then to tune the G on the "new A" you'll have to use the 10th fret on the 5th or 6th string (sicne they will be tuned the same)

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Sorry that should be a A string to a b.
  • fada wrote:
    I am trying to tune to A string to an B , how do I do this? I am using a tuner and can't seem to get it. Should I drop it down a few tones? I know how to get it tuned to a G off the A string but can't seem to find the B on it.
    a to a b is going up. you cant tune an a to a b going down. you can tune an a to a g going down though. what is it that you are trying to do? what open tuning are you trying to accomplish?
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I know little of tunings . But I am trying to tune my guitar so I can play "Shaker your money maker " by fleetwood mac. How far up must I go.
  • that song is in open e tuning

e b e g# b e

1st string stays the same
    2nd string up one whole step from a to b
    3rd string up one whole step from d to e
    4th string up one half step from g to g#
    5th string stays the same
    6th string stays the same