Options

im thinking of getting a dunlop

breakerfall13breakerfall13 Posts: 123
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
im thinkin of gettinga d dunlop crybaby petal...i tried it out today...great petal but i saw another one (sorry i forget the name) and it blew my mind away but when i found out it was 545 dollars i was like ok i think i wanna see the dunlop again...it was only 85 dollars
"If it weren't for the Buzzcocks we might sounds like uh..Good Charlotte or something...no they are good it just sounds like...or taste like..a popsicle thats been stuck up somebody's ass...but thats just my opinion...some people are into that, who am I to say?"
~Vedder to crowd at MSG1

"The reason celine dion doesnt spit is because she swallows"
Ed

IM POOR...CAN I HAVE A DOLLAR?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Originally posted by breakerfall13
    im thinkin of gettinga d dunlop crybaby petal...i tried it out today...great petal but i saw another one (sorry i forget the name) and it blew my mind away but when i found out it was 545 dollars i was like ok i think i wanna see the dunlop again...it was only 85 dollars

try ebay first. You can save some money.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    I dunno... with the reliability issues that Dunlop wahs have, I'd almost vote for a new one... get one that hasn't been stomped on 30 times a day for 5 years.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    But if you want, I have a standard Cry Baby that I'd sell ya. $60, in good working order.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    I dunno... with the reliability issues that Dunlop wahs have, I'd almost vote for a new one... get one that hasn't been stomped on 30 times a day for 5 years.

With an old Cry Baby, you almost need to buy shares in WD-40 to deal with the squeak-factor, for a start. Get a new one, I'd say....

Pedals are so much cheaper in the US than in the UK. You could pay up to the equivalent of $250 for a Cry Baby....and a Dunlop Univibe with footpedal could cost up to $850.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    *cough*vox*cough*
  • Options
    I love Vox myself. Mind you, I'm a shameless Hendrix disciple in the pedal line.
  • Options
    vox, definately,

do not waste your money on a Dunlop Univibe, there are people in the states that make much better products such as Dave Fox and Mike Fuller that will ship to the UK much cheaper and much much higher quality than the dunlop.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    I remember us talking on a thread awhile back about vibe-type effects.
    Pacomc79: Thanks for those new recommendations, though. I'll invesigate.
    Apparently the old 1969 Shen-ei Univibes are available but for about £1000. I'd be scared to pay that much for them, though, given their vintage etc..
  • Options
    Originally posted by FinsburyParkCarrots
    I remember us talking on a thread awhile back about vibe-type effects.
    Pacomc79: Thanks for those new recommendations, though. I'll invesigate.
    Apparently the old 1969 Shen-ei Univibes are available but for about £1000. I'd be scared to pay that much for them, though, given their vintage etc..

no need, the 3 best recreations I know of or really 4.

Fulltone Deja Vibe

Sweet Sound Ultra Vibe (Mojo Vibe)

Dave Fox my personal favorite Pro Vibe

Black Cat Vibe.

They are perfect recreations of the Shen-ei (Univox) Univibe
    Much much less than 1000 bucks. Most are around $250 plus european shipping around $275
  • Options
    That's astonishing value. $275 is £150.77.
    The Shei-Ei pedal is £1000 sterling here, $1823 in your money!
  • Options
    Originally posted by FinsburyParkCarrots
    That's astonishing value. $275 is £150.77.
    The Shei-Ei pedal is £1000 sterling here, $1823 in your money!

consider how ridiculous that is.

It's a fairly simple opto circuit and it's old and beat at that.

check out http://www.fulltone.com

On many accounts Mike Fuller is not the nicest guy in the world and he's arrogant, but the bastard knows his stuff and he provides a fairly good description of his Mini Deja Vibe.

I've played a Deja 2 with the foot pedal it's great, but like many of the other effects of that era to sound best you need to have every thing to the proper volume, I don't feel comfortable doing that in a music store.
  • Options
    exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    fulltone won't ship out the US i think. but there are dealers on ebay selling new ones that will.
  • Options
    Originally posted by exhausted
    fulltone won't ship out the US i think. but there are dealers on ebay selling new ones that will.

yeah I just checked that too. Sorry.

There are dealers that will.

I know analogman will ship everywhere.

Fulltone has pretty good info on those photocells though.

Even though he is an arrogant sun of a bitch.