guitars

breakerfall13breakerfall13 Posts: 123
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
ok so i limited it down to

Fender Standard Strat

or

Schecter Omen 6

both are rated great for the price (300-350)

so if anyone has played both and could tell me what is better...or if they have played a fender and a schecter

if you only have a fender or schecter tell me what you think of it
"If it weren't for the Buzzcocks we might sounds like uh..Good Charlotte or something...no they are good it just sounds like...or taste like..a popsicle thats been stuck up somebody's ass...but thats just my opinion...some people are into that, who am I to say?"
~Vedder to crowd at MSG1

"The reason celine dion doesnt spit is because she swallows"
Ed

IM POOR...CAN I HAVE A DOLLAR?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    which one felt better to you?
  • Originally posted by exhausted
    which one felt better to you?

fender felt better (comfort wise) but the schecter has a louder/deeper sound
    "If it weren't for the Buzzcocks we might sounds like uh..Good Charlotte or something...no they are good it just sounds like...or taste like..a popsicle thats been stuck up somebody's ass...but thats just my opinion...some people are into that, who am I to say?"
    ~Vedder to crowd at MSG1

"The reason celine dion doesnt spit is because she swallows"
    Ed

IM POOR...CAN I HAVE A DOLLAR?
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    that sounds about right. now you just have to decide whether you prefer the louder/deeper tone enough to sacrifice the comfort.

and you would get used to the scheter feelwise pretty fast unless it's really uncomfortable.
  • id go with schecter:D
    Stone Gossard...riffmeister extraordinaire!

I am a man, I am advanced.....I am the first man to borrow Stone's leather pants!
  • but there PT's have been getting horrible reviews lately so I am a little suspicious of their quality of late
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I like the Omen fine there are other C-series guitars I like better but all the schecters are built very well, have excellent sustain and hardware duncan designed pickups. They are just great guitars.

My two current favorite Schecters are the Tempest Special (P-100's)

and the Bomber Girl, avation series that are tele inspired. I just want one they look so damn cool.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.