cuz i'm in a good mood.....

tylerpjtxtylerpjtx Posts: 201
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
i'll recommend Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom guitar strings to all of you. i'm in love with em, i wont even try anything else anymore.
all these burning battlefields are now behind us, life has brought us here together to remind us, that love will rise above it all and just keep growin, life keeps flowing and every moment starts right here with us
-mason jennings
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BlindMelonadeBlindMelonade Posts: 327
    I don't find them too attractive, they feel too yuck to me.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I'll never play Ernie Ball strings by choice...

GHS (and others) make thin/thick strings that are all the same... thicker E, A, and D strings, with normal G, B, and E strings. GHS also makes a set of strings based on Zakk Wilde's recommendations that are just about the same, too.

Those strings are especially great for chugga-chugga power chords.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    those Zakk Wyldes are pretty nasty, although i imagine they tear up your fingers if you play them alot. Im quite comfy with GHS boomers (light 10s)
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    I prefer the Dean Markley "Blue Steels" or Elixirs if you can afford them....they feel really cool because of their teflon coating.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    i have a friend who is into folk that highly recommended elixirs, so thats actually why i stay away from them, because i dont want that sound.
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    The strings aren't going to give you the folky sound man....thats based on the amp and the guitar you are using
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • KilmanKilman Posts: 18
    If Earnie Ball strings on a Strat were good enough for Jimi Hendrix, they are definately good enough for me.
    If we all stop voting, will they all go away?