Smile Harmonica

Thumbin' Me BumThumbin' Me Bum Posts: 2
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
What key is this? Am I correct in thinking it is E?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• You are incorrect...Smile is in G!
    Originally posted by Thumbin' Me Bum
    What key is this? Am I correct in thinking it is E?
  • ManooManoo Posts: 63
    Hello!

I've just started to learn harmonica (actually this week:-)! I have to practice a lot and understand how the instrument works, but my first huge goal is to learn smile harmonica part! Can anyone help me with that? Write a tab or just give any ideas how it should work! Thansks!

Dori
    Zagreb 09/06
    Katowice 06/07

www.postnobills.hu
  • When you will blow and move your mouth to the one side of the harmonica you will notice that the tones become higher and to the other side they will sound lower...other than that you must have Smile in your ear and then just try and imitate it :D
    That's how I would do it.
    The worst enemies of music? Money and Mathematics. Combined with music, they both do the exact opposite of what they're supposed to do. Money makes music cheap, mathematics makes it stupid and predictable.

____

Zagreb 2006/ Munich 2007/ Venice 2007/ Berlin 2009 / Venice 2010 / 2 x Berlin 2012 / Stockholm 2012 / Milan 2014 / Trieste 2014 / Vienna 2014 / Florence (EV) 2019 / Padova 2018 / Prague 2018 / Imola 2022 / Budapest 2022 / Vienna 2022 / Prague 2022 

• ManooManoo Posts: 63
    Thanks! I'm on my way, learnt happy birthday!:-) Smile isn't really that hard! Amazing instrument and amazing musicians use it (Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, Neil Young, etc)!
    Still bass is even better!
    Zagreb 09/06
    Katowice 06/07

www.postnobills.hu
  • Leatherman wrote:
    You are incorrect...Smile is in G!
    Easy to mix them up, since Em and G are fairly similar.