Help with Line 6

Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am borrowing a Flexton 1. I am trying to figure out a way to go from clean to dirty and back to clean without any effects. I can from the clean to overdrive, but when i switch back the clean it has a couple effects back on. I am using the amp to gig in a couple weeks and I would like to figure this out. If all else fails, i can use a pedal. Any tips on using Line 6 amps in general would be quite helpful to. I have never used any sort of modeling amp, and while I love the sound of the thing, I can't use it with my knowledge of the thing now.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I am borrowing a Flexton 1. I am trying to figure out a way to go from clean to dirty and back to clean without any effects. I can from the clean to overdrive, but when i switch back the clean it has a couple effects back on. I am using the amp to gig in a couple weeks and I would like to figure this out. If all else fails, i can use a pedal. Any tips on using Line 6 amps in general would be quite helpful to. I have never used any sort of modeling amp, and while I love the sound of the thing, I can't use it with my knowledge of the thing now.

The amp is programmable. YOu can probably find the instuctions at http://www.line6.com

You need to set your two presets. There will be 4 channels (ABCD) at the top of the amp, you dial in what you want, and set the channel and then dial in what you want and set the B channel

Are you using the FB4 (4button) or the floorboard to switch? or the top panel to change?

Regardless, on the top panel when you change amp settings to set your presets turn the effects to off. The amp remembers where your amp was set the last time you used a particular model, this is the reason the effects come on when you change.

After you set the presets your liking they will stay set until you change.

If I remember properly you set the channels as you would radio station presets, hold down a few seconds to save an it will probably flash confirmation.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.