help? what effect does mike use in LBC solo army reserve outro?

nofxernofxer Posts: 18
edited January 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
I recently got a delay pedal and can play some pretty mike kinda solos with it, does anyone know what pedal he uses in Love boat captain solo and army reserve outro? It sounds like a delay not 100% though, if it is anyone know what kind?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Army Reserve, live and studio, he uses the univibe effect(replicated or orignial is debatable) and he does use delay. There's also phase and flange in the live versions at times but I think what you're talking about is the univibe(chorus) effect. He has the Line 6 MM4 on his live board so I'm sure he uses that to repicate the sound. There's also a rotosphere in there too.
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Oh, the delay he uses is the Line 6 DL4 delay and BOSS analog delay. Here's a shot of his board.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y281/goodtruant/CCFA06/Dsc01847.jpg
  • Army Reserve, live and studio, he uses the univibe effect(replicated or orignial is debatable) and he does use delay. There's also phase and flange in the live versions at times but I think what you're talking about is the univibe(chorus) effect. He has the Line 6 MM4 on his live board so I'm sure he uses that to repicate the sound. There's also a rotosphere in there too.
    There's also an extremely present chorus in the Army Reserve lead parts, live and studio.

Every once in awhile (I believe for a short time on Riot Act's version) during the LBC solos I think Mike turns on an MXR Phase 90 with the speed turned all the way up.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Yeah but the Univibe and flange are like chorus, in fact, doesn't the univibe hace a chorus setting?
  • nofxernofxer Posts: 18
    neat thanks alot for your help guys!
  • Yeah but the Univibe and flange are like chorus, in fact, doesn't the univibe hace a chorus setting?
    could be.. using a chorus pedal is dead accurate though. So either way, there's a chorus effect in there somewhere for sure.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • very true