Marshall TSL 100 head

martibudmartibud Posts: 20
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi guys, if you can help me, i'd like to know what are your impressions/likes/dislikes on the Marshall TSL 100 head. I do not play only Pearl Jam songs, I like to play a lot of different styles. Thanx!!!
"It's like his thoughts are too big for his size"
Montreal 1998
Montreal 2000
Toronto 2000
Albany 2003
Toronto 2003
Montreal 2003
Boston I 2004
Montreal 2005
Ottawa 2005
Quebec city 2005
Albany 2006
MSG I 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    likely it's the first marshall amplifier I really fell in love with and lusted for.

I like the TSL because it's an excellent example of the modern Marshall sound.

It sounds very good with a greenback or vintage 30 equipped cab like the 1960TV and 1960AX cabs respectively.

Before I knew much of Mesa this was the high gain amp I loved. It's a solid rock and roll amplifier obviously and a good amp altoegther. I like the flexibility. Lots of tonal options on hand especially if you like to tweak It doubles as a pretty good heater too as those tubes get pretty hot.

Keep in mind that amp is ridiculously loud, it has a half power and a deep switch but its still extremely loud. Not I repeat not bedroom, apartment, friendly.

If you want a Marshall, this is a good one to get.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    I own a DSL which would be one less channel but probably about the same overall sound. I love it, although as stated above it's very loud. I don't think I've had the volume past "5" because anymore would probably peel the paint off my walls. I sorta wish I would have gotten the 50W instead so I could really crank it and get those tubes working. Oh well. Awesome sound though if that's what you want to know.
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • Ive owned my TSL 100 for at least 5 years now and its never let me down.Its got a great tone and lots of different options to vary your tone.The footswitch is great too cuz u can change all 3 channels with it aswell as the reverb and fxloop too.The only amp i'd ever change it for would be a Triple Rec but over here in the UK they are so expensive that i dont think i'll ever own one:(
    Cornell pwns u
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    to the guy looking for the TSL.

You know you may try used. They've gone up 300 dollars since the year 2000 when I was selling them.

Mesa Single, Dual, Triple Recs and Tremoverbs have tons of flexibility and tone and might even save you a couple hundred.

Heck, the top of the line 2x12 combo Road Kings were going for $2099 last weekend, That amp is about as flexible as you can get.

read up on it at http://www.mesaboogie.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.