Need a quick answer here please!

martibudmartibud Posts: 20
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi! I'm doing a website for my band right now and i have a little problem with a translation. I would like to know how you call, in english, the document where you ask what you need on stage (like: we need 3 vocal mics, 3 stands, direct box for the bass, 4 monitors, drum kit mics, etc etc). Do you call this document a Stage rider??? Is it something else? Sorry, my main language is french and I can't find the right expression. Anyone?
"It's like his thoughts are too big for his size"
Montreal 1998
Montreal 2000
Toronto 2000
Albany 2003
Toronto 2003
Montreal 2003
Boston I 2004
Montreal 2005
Ottawa 2005
Quebec city 2005
Albany 2006
MSG I 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, it would be a stage rider, or tour rider if you're a larger band.

For examples, see http://www.thesmokinggun.com
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • martibudmartibud Posts: 20
    thanks a lot!!!!
    Montreal 1998
    Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2000
    Albany 2003
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Boston I 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Quebec city 2005
    Albany 2006
    MSG I 2008
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    hire a web designer.
  • actually I believe it's called a "stage plot". at least thats what every bar we play at asks for. : )
    www.myspace.com/evenflowrocks

heathen frog psycho number ONE!
  • martibudmartibud Posts: 20
    I think i can do a good job without hiring a web designer. I teach Computer sciences...
    Montreal 1998
    Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2000
    Albany 2003
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Boston I 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Ottawa 2005
    Quebec city 2005
    Albany 2006
    MSG I 2008
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    A stage plot is a layout diagram of the stage showing where everything will be set up on the stage. It usually has drawings and/or symbols to show where drums (and drum riser, if needed), guitar amps, bass amp, keyboards, vocal mics, even DI's and power drops.

An input list is a list of each instrument, the preferred mic or DI for that instrument, and what channel it should be in the mixer. For example:

1. Kick Drum, Audix A-6
    2. Snare Drum, Shure 57
    3. Drum Overhead, AKG 414
    4. Bass DI, Countryman
    5. Guitar amp, Sennheiser e609
    6. Drummer vocal, Shure Beta 56
    7. Lead vocal, Shure Beta 58

A technical rider is a written description of all technical needs, such as electricity, PA, mixer, mics, monitors, cables, mic stands, lighting... anything you need for your stage setup. A tech rider can be just a stage plot, just an input list, or both, or neither. For a smaller band, I'd suggest either a stage plot or an input list, and just include notes about any out-of-the-ordinary stuff. The stage plot could be designed in any graphic computer program and put on your web site as a .pdf file, and an input list is usually just a word document or spreadsheet.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.