Got my Blues JR.!!

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
So my birthday was this past Saturday, (the 8th), and I got the blues jr. which I've had my eye on since last summer. This thing is absolutely gorgeous, I've been playing Mayer and Jimi all weekend. So warm and fat, just so beautiful.

It's also my first all-tube amp, and was just wondering, after examining the tubes (just checking things out) I noticed some of the groove tubes are angled a little differenlty in their slots than another one, but not by much. (Meaning one is pointed straight down, the other two a tiny bit tilted). Probably normal I would imagine, but just wanted to know from anyone who knows a lot about tubes and whatnot.

Anyway, just wanted to share my excitement. Anyone got an good pointers on this amp feel free to throw them my way.
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Oh, I played that amp once and it was nothing short of AMAZING!!!! Congrats!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Its a sweet amp. I love mine. Did you get in Tweed with the upgraded Jensen speaker?
  • StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    no I got the stock black one, and I absolutely love it. This thing is a beaut righit out of the box.

And assuming you own one, what do you make of the tube question. Are the groove tubes suppose to be all perfectly alligned, facing straight down?

thanks
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    It's also my first all-tube amp, and was just wondering, after examining the tubes (just checking things out) I noticed some of the groove tubes are angled a little differenlty in their slots than another one, but not by much. (Meaning one is pointed straight down, the other two a tiny bit tilted). Probably normal I would imagine, but just wanted to know from anyone who knows a lot about tubes and whatnot.

just give them a little gentle push to make sure they're all seated properly in their sockets.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    great tone for an amp that size.
  • I have the NOS version of that amp and its got a little more umph to it and little easier on the eyes for me, but they both have great tone. Best of all, this is the first amp I've had that my cats don't piss in!
    how am i supposed to sign here?