Mixing BOSS blues driver with Blues JR.

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited March 2008 in Musicians and Gearheads
I just got this wonderful amp, trouble is, I'm having trouble trying to find a place for the blues driver with this amp because the tone is so good. For instance, I want to jam out to crossroads, some bluesy rock stuff, and I can't find the right balance between the amps settings and the BOSS blues drivers settings, seems the pedal is making it sound to harsh.

Lower the pre-amp volume? Lower the master?

I know some people on here have this gear, so just looking for some tips so I can incorporate the BD-2, which is my fav pedal, with this great amp.

thanks
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    lower the preamp volume to around 8 or 9 oclock. Start with the gain low on the BD2 and turn the FAT control off to start with.

keep the volume up around half on both to begin with and set all the tone controls to noon to start and adjust from there. You'll figure it out.

nine times out of ten people use too much pre gain.

Oh, instead of noon with the treble turn it back to around 10 Oclock on the BD2 to start it's really bright. You'll probably prefer the fat switch engaged.

WIth the BD2 off the sound should be fairly loud and clean but with no really audible crunchiness
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    pre-amp volume would be the master volume switch correct? or just the volume switch

thanks a lot
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    pre-amp volume would be the master volume switch correct? or just the volume switch

thanks a lot

Just the volume switch.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404

thanks a lot

oh sorry, yeah the volume is the Pre Gain or channel volume.

The Master is the Post Gain or Amp Volume.

The Volume control controls the preamp section which are the small 12AX7's that drives the power stage (Master) which are the EL84's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.