Best Fuzz pedal?

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
looking to get that white stripes, black keys, jimi hendrix kinda thing goin on.

what are the better fuzz pedals to look at. wasn't really impressed with the boss fz-5.
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I've got an old Dallas Arbiter. Those things don't fuck about.
  • Going with the keys. You'll need to fuzz pedals. The nasty stuff Dan has a couple going at once.

Early on you'd see a lot of pictures of him with a Gibson Maestro Fuzz pedal. But there is always a second one. Whether or not the Maestro is still around, who knows. He is know for having a ton of Boutique gear.

The '69 fulltone fuzz is way to tame for the keys. It might go good for a smoother side. I have not heard the 70's fuzz.

There are many other fuzz pedals out there.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    looking to get that white stripes, black keys, jimi hendrix kinda thing goin on.

what are the better fuzz pedals to look at. wasn't really impressed with the boss fz-5.

This is pure Big Muff territory !

On teh subj=ect of BAlck Keys, Isaw them recently and he was running,,,

BIg Muff which he turned on and off, Peppermint Fuzz which he did not touch and a Roland Space Echo, which to my ear provided the majority of this tone, throguh a coupla Marshalls.
    Music is not a competetion.
  • This is pure Big Muff territory !

BIg Muff which he turned on and off, Peppermint Fuzz which he did not touch and a Roland Space Echo, which to my ear provided the majority of this tone, throguh a coupla Marshalls.

Did he have the 4x15 cabinet going?
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• This is pure Big Muff territory !

Did he have the bad ass 4x15 cabinet going?

Did he have the bad ass 4x15 cabinet going?

NAh, he was in australia, and all teh gear except for his guitars and pedals looked brand new, probably hired. I was close enough to smell teh amps. Actually, hanging over the foldbacks, and he nearly smacked me with teh headstock a few times.

Just looked like 412's. had two set up, could not really tell if one was a reserve. BIG fat Roland Space echo sitting on top was doing a lot of work !!
  • big muff with a wah they run from $75-$150
    I took the time to download the clips for teh ZVEX web-site on teh Fuzz FActory. Well worthteh time to help you decide, as well as reading reviews on Harmony Centtral adn a couple of magazine write-ups. I now know much more about fuzz pedals.
    I am defineitly goign to get teh Vexter FF, in a few weeks when the budget recovers from my recent spends.
    I am thinking it is small enough to mount on my guitar strap, so I can adjust the knobs easily.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    BJF Pink Purple Fuzz