Got my STRAT today!!

StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
edited June 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just picked up my American strat today. My first one (I've only been playing the axe with formal lessons since January)

I got the 3-tone sunburst with a rosewood fretboard, and its absolutely gorgeous.

I just had to come on here and share my excitement, can't wait to plug this baby in
MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Congrats! I love mine! Same guitar!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • StickmanJamStickmanJam Posts: 425
    Congrats! I love mine! Same guitar!

yea i saw ur pics a few weeks back, made me even more excited to get it. It's just so beautiful.

so how much are u loving yours?
    MSG 7/8-7/9/03 -- Boston 9/28/04 -- Hartford 5/13/06 -- Boston 5/24-5/25/06 -- MSG 6/24-6/25/08 -- Hartford 6/27/08 -- Philly 10/31/09 -- Hartford 5/15/10 -- Boston 5/17/10
    yea i saw ur pics a few weeks back, made me even more excited to get it. It's just so beautiful.

so how much are u loving yours?
    Baha, whenever I walk in my room and see it, I smile. I keep it in the case when I'm not playing it (something I've NEVER done before). I can get almost any sound I want out of it. That is THE BEST colour combo IMO, and will only get better with age!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Baha, whenever I walk in my room and see it, I smile. I keep it in the case when I'm not playing it (something I've NEVER done before). I can get almost any sound I want out of it. That is THE BEST colour combo IMO, and will only get better with age!

I agree. I usually keep my axe with in the case, habit I guess. But just from playing it in the store, I was surprised how versatile it is (well I guess I should't have been, strats are known as versatile guitars)

such a beaut
    I agree. I usually keep my axe with in the case, habit I guess. But just from playing it in the store, I was surprised how versatile it is (well I guess I should't have been, strats are known as versatile guitars)

such a beaut
    I agree. I think I've found my permanant 'number one' guitar. Will I buy other guitars? Absoutley, but they'll come and go. When I'm 60 and jammin with my brother, this will be the guitar I used. Like my great grandfathers ES-175 that is coming a long way down the road, the Strat is gonna be passed down, and NEVER be sold.
    I agree. I think I've found my permanant 'number one' guitar. Will I buy other guitars? Absoutley, but they'll come and go. When I'm 60 and jammin with my brother, this will be the guitar I used. Like my great grandfathers ES-175 that is coming a long way down the road, the Strat is gonna be passed down, and NEVER be sold.

my sentiments exactly. this guitar will never be sold, it'll only get better with age. this guitar is like that old pair of jeans, it'll always fit and be comfortable.
    my sentiments exactly. this guitar will never be sold, it'll only get better with age. this guitar is like that old pair of jeans, it'll always fit and be comfortable.
    Exactly. You may need other pants, but those old 501's still feel amazing!