The mix is done!

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited September 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Last night we wrapped up the mix on the EP. A friend of ours is going to master it this week. We will then give it a few days of listening to the master, finish the art work and send it off. Pretty exciting, it has been a extremely long and frustrating project.

Rehearsals for the full length album are going to being next week!
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    congrats, can't wait to hear it. well done.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Awesome!!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Are you gonna post some samples on the myspace?
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • sweet
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Thanks all, it's been a long, long, long process. We only work on it once or twice a week.

We will throw a song up on My Space for sure, once the mastering is done. Sooner or later the website should be up too.

I'll keep you posted.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Congratulations on finishing it - can't wait to hear some clips.
    Now you have a small understanding of what I do a couple times a month ;)
    Hopefully you understand why session players get top $$$ for what they do - It's a long tiring process.
    I don't really like working on more than 2-projects a month or I start getting burned out.
    Who's doing the mastering for you???
    If they fall through, these guys in Atlanta are really good (I don't have any affiliation with them,
    they're just really good): Click Here: Rodney Mills Masterhouse
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    Congratulations on finishing it - can't wait to hear some clips.
    Now you have a small understanding of what I do a couple times a month ;)
    Hopefully you understand why session players get top $$$ for what they do - It's a long tiring process.
    I don't really like working on more than 2-projects a month or I start getting burned out.
    Who's doing the mastering for you???
    If they fall through, these guys in Atlanta are really good (I don't have any affiliation with them,
    they're just really good): Click Here: Rodney Mills Masterhouse
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

We have a friend that is involved with the studio we use, but had nothing to do with the album, so it's a fresh ear, who has no opinions from us. We are really trying to do everything in house. If that mastering doesn't make us happy, we will send it up to Big Sky in Ann Arbor, our drummer's friend works up there.

But thanks for the suggestion

It's a huge process, we went in with the mind set that we aren't going to make every performance over the top perfect. Going to try to keep the soul of the songs still in there. Keep the music real.

Session playing is over the top rough, I totally believe that.

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Congrats! So keen to hear it! Good stuff!
    We have a friend that is involved with the studio we use, but had nothing to do with the album, so it's a fresh ear, who has no opinions from us. We are really trying to do everything in house. If that mastering doesn't make us happy, we will send it up to Big Sky in Ann Arbor, our drummer's friend works up there.
    But thanks for the suggestion
    It's a huge process, we went in with the mind set that we aren't going to make every performance over the top perfect. Going to try to keep the soul of the songs still in there. Keep the music real.
    Session playing is over the top rough, I totally believe that.
    Cool deal - I hope they're able to give you something you are really proud of.
    As I said, Rodney Mills is a great way to go if you don't have friends of friends.
    They've Mastered some of PEARL JAMS songs ("Wish List" ring any bells - they did most of that album).
    I use Rodney whenever I can.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
  • ianvomsaal wrote:
    As I said, Rodney Mills is a great way to go if you don't have friends of friends.
    They've Mastered some of PEARL JAMS songs ("Wish List" ring any bells - they did most of that album).
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

The funny thing is this recording has been going of for a long long time. There were times where we walked away from it for 5 or 6 months at a time. We started finish songs completely over, etc..... And the finish product was still sounded cool (to us any way). Warn out from mixing, Indeed! But we learned alot for the next album, and that will help us speed things up. No matter what it's about the music.

Thanks for the information for sure! It's always appreciated.

I'll let all know when the cd is up for sale, and when the song samples are up and going. We all appreciate just you guys viewing the post!

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ianvomsaal wrote:
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

Do you know if they work out of Doppler Ian?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Last night we wrapped up the mix on the EP. A friend of ours is going to master it this week. We will then give it a few days of listening to the master, finish the art work and send it off. Pretty exciting, it has been a extremely long and frustrating project.

Rehearsals for the full length album are going to being next week!

Congratulations! I just booked an 8 hour session on Oct. 8th myself..
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
    Pacomc79 wrote:
    Do you know if they work out of Doppler Ian?

Don't know - I'm sure if you ask he can tell you.
    From what I've heard about Doppler, it's unfinished, so don't expect the build to be feature complete or bug free.
    Doppler requires, as the previous beta versions, the .NET Framework version 2.0.
    I've also heard it's lacking "production quality" and crashes regularly (especially on Windows Vista).
    I haven't used it - drop R.M.M. a line - they'll tell you.

- Ian
  • Trailer wrote:
    Congratulations! I just booked an 8 hour session on Oct. 8th myself..

Yeah it should also be the last recording in this studio. We are cramped in Darren (guitar player's) basement. And when it's time to track we are all over the house. He is getting closer and closer to finding a new house with some land, which he is going to have a seperate building for the studio. No more stairs! Plus some ceiling height for recording drums!!!

• i added you guys as friends on myspace. can't wait to hear the tunes... i like your influences.
    music. love. life.

the stickman's ghost: www.myspace.com/yield1914
  • i added you guys as friends on myspace. can't wait to hear the tunes... i like your influences.

Thanks bud.