Options

Poster storage

senninsennin Posts: 2,146
edited May 2008 in The Porch
I'm looking for a presentation case for our posters. The sizes differ, as you know....any suggestions?

Something not too expensive.....a folder w/ clear archival pages.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    I hope you find an answer, because I'm looking for the same thing. It has to be big enough to hold all sizes.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I haven't found a case with built in archival quality mylars in years of looking (the biggest I have found has 16x24 inserts which don't work). I now has the following setup which works greats:

1. simple "tie up" style portfolio with hard board front and back
    2. inside I have a series of 19 x 28 mylars with acid free backing paper - each poster is housed in its own mylar (if necessary, I could "front and back" on each of the mylars if additional space is needed)

When closed the portfolio keeps every tidy and flat.
  • Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    what are you looking to spend? how many posters are you looking to store... i have been looking into it recently as well and came across something interesting... check it out...

http://www.jjdisplay.com/products/printprotectors/index.htm

these are sleeves that can be placed in a rack (also available on the site)... there are also these wall racks like you would see at a record store... depening on number of posters... price will differ.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    NYbenben wrote:
    what are you looking to spend? how many posters are you looking to store... i have been looking into it recently as well and came across something interesting... check it out...

http://www.jjdisplay.com/products/printprotectors/index.htm

these are sleeves that can be placed in a rack (also available on the site)... there are also these wall racks like you would see at a record store... depening on number of posters... price will differ.

looks like vinyl sheets, rather than mylar or polypropylene

not sure if it matters but Id check out the qualities of that vinyl first