Fender Jag Bass has come home!

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Finally did it. Bought a new Fender Jaguar bass. Extremely great looking, great finish. Frets are slightly sharp on the edges, but I'll take care of that.

I already own a '62 reissue american made jazz bass, and a Peavey Axcelerator Plus (Don't slam it, I've had it for 10 years, and its still my baby)

I'm still trying to dial in the Jag. I'm going to set it up and slap some new nickle strings on it tomorrow.

Feels alot like my '62 reissue jazz, except the fret job is better on the '62 RI.

I thought the Peavey had tones of low end, well I was wrong. These active pick-ups have the potential to just be way over the top bassy (is that a word?)

I can get some really descent tones out of it. And I mean tones not a descent Tone. I never use the bridge pick up on the Peavey, but it sounds good on the Jag, not as thin as the Peaveys bridge pick up for sure, and really useable. So I can go between the Neck Pickup, the Bridge Pickup or both and I like them all. Unusual, I usually find a sweet spot in the bass and leave it. But with this I can get the low end I want, or the tons of punch etc. etc.

Still judging if I think it sounds like a million bucks, a little time with it and some adjustments and we shall see.

The one thing I noticed, Its head stock heavy. That horn they cut short must of done it.

Very cool though,

Looking for vintage looking hard shell case for it (that won't cost me a ton (like a fender will), and I need to put strap locks on it.
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    I didn't realize the jag was active. that's even cooler.
  • exhausted wrote:
    I didn't realize the jag was active. that's even cooler.

I can honestly say I'm not an active fan. Just one more thing to worry about. Even though I get good tone out of it. When it comes to recording I end up borrowing a friends old P-bass, and using that the majority of the time. I still think a 70's p-bass is the best tone. Yes I know I don't own one, but I have a hard time swallowing the price on something used. I would rather own a bass for 30 years that I've warn in myself. But thats the breaks
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/