Mixing

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Was up mixing a song last night till about 10, got home about 10:30, bed by 11:00, and I'm up at 4:30 for work.

Isn't analog mixing great!!!!

Then again I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sure there are motorized analog boards out there, but those cost a ton.
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Ehh...analog has its moments, but it's a big pain in the ass to keep the gear happy, and it aint getting any easier as time goes by. Getting harder to find parts for the good stuff.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Ehh...analog has its moments, but it's a big pain in the ass to keep the gear happy, and it aint getting any easier as time goes by. Getting harder to find parts for the good stuff.

We still haven't run into any problems with finding parts.

And to my ears its still well worth it. Captures everything better and has much more warmth then digital. Way more forgiving then digital. Even the mixes. We originally planned to record everything on the reel to reel then dump it to digital and mix it on the computer. We did that for two songs, and compared it to the analog mix, and still thought the analog mix was better.

Biggest thing is we need to invest into a motorized board, but for now its all good.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    We still haven't run into any problems with finding parts.

And to my ears its still well worth it. Captures everything better and has much more warmth then digital. Way more forgiving then digital. Even the mixes. We originally planned to record everything on the reel to reel then dump it to digital and mix it on the computer. We did that for two songs, and compared it to the analog mix, and still thought the analog mix was better.

Biggest thing is we need to invest into a motorized board, but for now its all good.

That's great if you're getting the sounds you want :). I've worked on an SSL to 48 tracks of analog, as well as a Pro Tools room with amazing...just silly front end. I prefer the PT setup with well chosen analog up front...can always mix to 1/2 inch if necessary, but it's usually not. :)