S1 switching on American P-bass

All Those YesterdaysAll Those Yesterdays Posts: 2,723
edited March 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
So whats the word on this. Is it worth looking into? I'm a big traditionalist, and was bothered when they added this arrangement. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Anyone?
E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    So whats the word on this. Is it worth looking into? I'm a big traditionalist, and was bothered when they added this arrangement. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Anyone?

I can't speak for the feature on the bass...

But since Fender has had the same model for over 40 years, they have to continue to offer new options and variations to make the new models sell. Who was it that said Fender's main competition is the vintage Fender market? So true... Why buy a brand new P-Bass when you can buy a 5-year-old model that is essentially the same for half the price? Because the new one has more tonal options, or at least different tonal options. Besides, they still have standard P-Bass models for sale brand-new. Maybe it is or isn't the sound for you, but you have to understand why they did it.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • I can't speak for the feature on the bass...

But since Fender has had the same model for over 40 years, they have to continue to offer new options and variations to make the new models sell. Who was it that said Fender's main competition is the vintage Fender market? So true... Why buy a brand new P-Bass when you can buy a 5-year-old model that is essentially the same for half the price? Because the new one has more tonal options, or at least different tonal options. Besides, they still have standard P-Bass models for sale brand-new. Maybe it is or isn't the sound for you, but you have to understand why they did it.

What are you working for fenders marketing division? Just kidding. I understand why they do things. I just think its off, when they are known for there American made P-Bass and Jazz Bass, and keep them pretty much the same for years and years, and have little different versions of those under a different model name. Then suddenly change it. I don't see whats the big deal to Come out with the P-bass "such and such addition" with this change. No big deal.

Also if you know of places that have 5 year old American made P-bass's for $450-500, let me know your secret location, I won't tell anyone where it is. Cause I can't find them at that price. Usually in the $650-750 range.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/